Revision from RNY to DS

karmiausnic
on 7/17/08 7:08 am - Salisbury, NC
I am in serious need of a friend who has had a revision. My original surgery (RNY) was in 2002 and I lost 160 pounds. I have gained back all but 30 pounds. I am in the beginning stages of a revision and am considering the DS. Anyone who can help me with questions, please email me at [email protected].

Thank you!
Karen
hayley_hayley
on 7/17/08 4:19 pm
Please feel free to post on the DS board. We have many successful revisions from RNY to DS. And feel free to pm me any questions.

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

mollybearsmom
on 7/18/08 8:26 am - Dahlonega, GA
Hi,
I just had a revision from RNY to DS with Dr. Husted on June 25th. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can for you ...feel free to PM me!
Susan
Monique H.
on 7/18/08 4:33 pm
You also might want to consider the Extended Rny. I too wanted to get the DS, but after talking with Dr. Schlesinger I'm leaning more to the Erny. He assured me I would be able to get the same results.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
mew6495
on 7/19/08 3:16 am, edited 7/19/08 3:17 am - MI
 First good luck to you on your search and decision.  I am sure you will pick the one that is appropriate for you.  I too am going through the process of a revision.  I looked into the DS because it provides such great results.  After much research and discussion with others here on this site, as well as with several doctors regarding my cir****tances, I have decided to go through the ERNY with Dr. S.  I felt it provided a lower risk and could give me the same results as a DSer.  Be sure to research every avenue and pick what is better for your personal cir****tances and needs.  Everyone is different and there are several great options.  Those of us who have had great experiences tend to believe that ours is the only option out there that would work.  Me included.    Best of luck to you on your new journey.
Most Active