Home From Rose Procedure..

mikenfortmill
on 7/16/08 4:40 am - Fort Mill, SC
I had the ROSE precedure yesterday in Charlotte, NC... it went very well... surgeon used seven anchors, to make the pouch and stoma both smaller... other than sore throat, I am well and feel good.... surgery started at 12:30, and I was home by 5:30 PM.... Amazing how far things have come for us in the WLS community and revisions..  Good luck to you all.... Mike
gail1957
on 7/16/08 6:00 am - Frankfort, KY
Glad to hear everything went good for you. I hope you have a lot of success with this procedure. Good luck.

cmr3399
on 7/16/08 6:07 am - Bayville, NJ
Congrats Mike!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

darnell239
on 7/16/08 6:13 am - Columbia, SC
Mike,

Did insurance pay for this or were you self pay?
michele W.
on 7/17/08 11:49 pm - eatontown, NJ
Hi Mike,

So glad all is well..Very exciting time. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. I am looking into a revsion as well. My original bypass was back in 2001. And have put back close to 40lbs.
You are so right, about how far we have come. I am looking forward to getting healthy again.

take care,

Michele
wendib
on 7/27/08 9:41 am - charlotte, NC
Hi Mike, I don't know if you remember me but I am a patient of Dr. Voellinger's and was in the original support group with Ruby, Stepanie Payne and Jennifer Sawyer. Dr. V called me out of the blue this past Thursday and asked if I would be interested in this study. He explained what the study was (you guessed it, the ROSE procedure). I am over the moon as my insurance no longer pays for gastric bypass. I had the Roux en y in Feb, 2003 and I found out last year that my stoma is stretched (not sure how much). Anyway my surgery is already scheduled for Aug 19th and I begin pre-op appt. this week.
How are you feeling? Is everything going well? Do you feel the way you did after your initial surgery (full, etc.) Talk to you soon.

Wendi Burgin
Most Active