Losing weight and going down hill!!!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/08 3:34 am, edited 7/16/08 7:27 am - AZ
Losing weight and going down hill !!!!!

I went to my first post op appt with Dr Schlesinger and I lost 16.5 lbs since my last weight in on 6/27/2008. I will take it. I have not been posting like I usually do to bad back pain. Surgery was not that bad compared to first RNY. Dr Schlesinger must be a very gentle surgeon. My back hurts more than the actual surgery. I feel I was total prepared by Jen, Dr Schlesingers personal assistant. I did what they told me to do and everything is going great. Thank god for Jen. You can always get ahold of her or Dr Schlesinger. That is what I was looking for when I was checking out Bariatric Doctors and and their staff. Dr S was so caring and sweet the day of surgery, he totally relaxed me. But again I felt prepared mentally. I know  I made the right choice in picking Jen and Dr Schlesinger at my Bariatric team.
A big thanks and hug to both of them.
Dawn 
SheriAZ
on 7/16/08 12:56 pm
I am very happy about your good fortune. I have an appointment next week Thursday with Dr. Schlesinger to consult about revision and I can see I made a good choice because I have heard so many positive things on the message boards about him. Can you tell me though, what it is that you had done and what was involved and how long your recovery is expected to be? I appreciate all the input that I can get.
Thanks
Sheri
(deactivated member)
on 7/16/08 1:23 pm - AZ
SheriAZ,

I could type on and on. But the best way to answer your question is to type in the search line ABC's of revisions. Dr Schlesinger describes all the procedures. I had a revision of my gatric bypass. I had a gastric bypass done in 1997 and lost weight and gain weight. But I kept on the losing side. My revision is a extension of the original surgery.. I don't know how long my recovery will be. Each person is different. I having major problems with my fibromyalgia. My surgery course is going as well as can be. I feel fine with the surgery. But I highly recommend you read Dr Schlesinger's ABC of revisions. He explains everthing very well. I know you picked a good surgeon. I interviewed 2 other doctors and Dr S beat them out big time. There is a support meeting at Dr S office this Saturday. He does his own preop and post op groups. I highly reccomend you go. Good luck.
SheriAZ
on 7/16/08 1:37 pm
Thanks Dawn for your kind words. I did read the Dr's revision information but it gets alittle confusing. I would love to go to the group this Saturday but I have to leave for a conference in Tucson. I live in Yuma so my appointments have to be planned. I am a teacher and school starts here August 12th. I just wish I had looked into this before now, I have been so miserable. This has been the first ray of hope in many years. I felt that when I had my first surgery that I took the biggest step of my life and failed. I believed then and I believe now that the surgery failed me and not the other way around. I was the most faithful post-op patient around for 4 years, I did everything that I was told to do and then I just gave up. So here I am and thanks to people like you I feel so much better. Thank you soooooo very much.
Most Active