what is a stomachphyx?

karenwhiting
on 7/15/08 6:50 am
I have well over 100 pounds to lose.  I know this is early for me aand I know many have had problems.  After having my first follow up with my doctor today, I learned a lot.  It seems those who have a smaller opening at the bottom of their stomach do better with this procedure.  He said he's seeing those with larger openings not having as much success as the food goes right through.  He said he's learning a lot and is going to be more cautious of those he choses this surgery for.  He said once someonce can come up with something that can cause the doctors to constrict the bottom of the stomach, it will work well.  The operative report for me had not come back so he couldn't tell me if I'd had a small or large opening.  Until that time, I will continue to follow the plan I have been given.  I'm going to do the best job I can and hope and pray the surgery works for me. 
 I hope you can find something that works for you.  My thoughts are with you.  Good luck.
Ruby R.
on 7/15/08 11:34 am
i am told the opening at the bottom of my pouch is the about the size of a quarter and it should be about the size of a dime.  I am struggling with regain.  I understand what you and your doctor are talking about.  I drink a lot of protein drinks.  I am on my second day of liquid protein only.

Good luck to you.  Work that tool the best you can.  Remember to exercise as much as you are able.       

Ruby
3/11/2005  RNY
262/125/139
hi/lo/today 
Most Active