what is a stomachphyx?

meltingmel
on 7/14/08 1:56 am - Grove City, Ohio, OH

Anyone now what it is? Where it can be done and the cost?

Thanks in advance for info

Peace and Blessings, Melinda
Starting weight 326
Lowest weight 145
Current weight 175
Goal weight 145
The taste of the bait isn't worth the pain of the hook
ginau
on 7/14/08 2:37 am - mesa, AZ
they use a tool to go in and pleat the pouch  to reduce the size,  Some ins will pay some wont. the results have not been  too favorable - depending on how much additional weight you have to loose.   check around on this forum for previous posts .
darnell239
on 7/14/08 8:33 am - Columbia, SC

There has been alot of talk about it on this site.  I recommend that you read old post and you will find a lot of info.  I would recommend going back as far as July, 2007.  Most people who have had this procedure did not have good results the results were very short term.

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 9:05 am

I had the Stomaphyx procedure 2 weeks ago today.  I had a gastric bypass in 1980 and had regained everything.  The surgery is non-invasive and out patient.  I was in and out of the hospital within 5 hours.  I've had some nausea, but overall feel great.  The best part...I've lost 26 pounds!!!  I know it will slow down...but  for now, I've made the right choice for me!

meltingmel
on 7/14/08 11:38 am - Grove City, Ohio, OH
Hi, what did the procedure cost and where did you have it done? If anyone can tell me how to go back on the posts, i would appreciate it. Thanks
Peace and Blessings, Melinda
Starting weight 326
Lowest weight 145
Current weight 175
Goal weight 145
The taste of the bait isn't worth the pain of the hook
karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 11:58 am

I had the surgery in Provo, Utah from Dr. Robert McKeen.  The cost was $7350.00.  For me...so far...well worth the cost.

JRinAZ
on 7/14/08 2:39 pm - Layton, UT

Hey there!                                       I'll be in Provo/SLC area for a couple of weeks this summer.  Are there any fun support groups or get together's planned in August?  I'd love to see if Utah WLS buds look like AZ WLS buds!  :-)

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 2:50 pm

I am fairly new to this and am not aware of any support groups right now.  Sorry.  I will let you know if I hear of any.

darnell239
on 7/15/08 3:55 am - Columbia, SC
To review old post go to the revision message board and look down at the bottom.  You will see numbers 1,2, 3, 4, and so on.  Those numbers are like pages.  The higher the number page you go to the older the post.  I've seen post from 2004!  Hope this helps and works.  Let me know if you have any problems.
pepsi98
on 7/14/08 8:03 pm - Norwich, CT

I was sure it was the right procedure for me too until about 4 weeks into it when I started eating real food and found I  had no restriction.  I had a gastric staping in 1982 and gained all my weight back too.  I'm now in the process of trying to get approved to put a lap band over my old bypass (I just received a denial yesterday ).  I will persevere, but I will say that denial letter gave me a jolt.  I probably have a lot more to lose than you and that may be part of the reason it didn't work. I think it works best when someone has 50 lbs or less to lose.  I need to lose much more.

Wish you luck...I think you'll feel just like you're dieting when you start real food, but maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones.

"The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active