Feeling no restriction with liquids

darnell239
on 7/13/08 11:32 pm - Columbia, SC

As you all know I had revision surgery last Thursday.  I had my 8 1/2 year old mini-gastric bypass converted to the RNY.  I am on the liquid diet right now and I feel no restriction when drinking my protein or water.  When I had surgery 8 1/2 years ago I was feeling restriction during the liquid phase after a few sips.  I'm really worried about this because if there is no restriction in the liquid phase their may not be much restriction when I get back on real food.  Has anyone experienced this?

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 12:51 am - AZ

I had the same concern with my sleeve.  Then when I could eat soft foods and I ate refried beans I was in for a shock!  Two bites and I was stuffed full!

;o)

M. Hall
on 7/14/08 8:11 am - Norcross, GA

My first RNY I had no restriction with liquids either. With this 2nd surgery I have restriction because of the band he included. If I take a gulp, it gets stuck and slowly goes down or it comes back up. I can even feel a tightness in my pouch if just keeo drinking. It seems like the more I healed the better my drinking and eating got because everything was so swollen. But if its really bothering you, you may want to bring it to your Doc attention when you visit the next time.

Most Active