Lap band since 2005 no sucess any idea for a new surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 12:59 am - AZ

Yep, I agree with the VSG folks.  I was at goal when I revised to a VSG so I can't talk about weight loss but I can tell you it is no easy task to maintain with a sleeve. ;o)  You'll lose.

About the same weight loss as RNY, no malabsorption, ability to eat pretty much anything, no dumping, no supplements, no stretching of your stomach, lowest long term risks and complications of all surgery types and NO follow up care!

I don't know what they charge for revision surgery in New York but it is more expensive than a straight sleeve.  I had mine done in Mexico and a regular sleeve is $9500 but a revision was $12,500.  (More OR time, etc.)

babsintx
on 7/15/08 2:02 am - GA
Hi,

Dr. Mitchell Roslin in NYC does revision from lapband to whichever procedure is the best based on previous history. I am a lapband to sleeve revision. I am very happy with my choice.

Babs
334/201/150

momofsns
on 7/17/08 1:45 pm - Wynantskill, NY
Try Dr. Rehn in NYC...great Dr. lots of experience.  Sorry to hear your band isnt working, Loving mine and having a new one placed next month due to a slight swelling problem due to morning sickness... lost 90lbs with my bad!
Robbin
2/2004
305/238/180 (start current goal)
mom of a band baby
I bring the spa to you!
Most Active