Lap band since 2005 no sucess any idea for a new surgery?

castmar
on 7/12/08 1:03 pm - Jackson Hts, NY

Hello!! well any advise will be good i would like to have a surgery that i can loose all the weight i have with the lap band loose only 45 pounds in two years!!! no restricition at all if anyone know a doctor in NYC area who do revision surgery please let me know :)

Cubankitten9
on 7/12/08 4:53 pm

How much do you have to lose?

I currently have a lap band in and will be having it removed and revised to a DS (Duodenal Switch) on August 18th... My band did really well for me the first year til I started getting awful reflux, so after 18 months of no fill, 17 lb regain and continued reflux, I just want to get it done with and get a WLS that I KNOW will not only work, but will keep me at goal.

If you want, go check out the DS board.

Best! Kyle

castmar
on 7/13/08 12:25 am - Jackson Hts, NY

Hello and thank you for you post, well i have to loose like 110 pounds is  a lot .....

castmar
on 7/13/08 12:26 am - Jackson Hts, NY

Hello!! thank you for your post !!! well i have to loose like 110 poundss!!!

Cubankitten9
on 7/13/08 12:51 am

There are a lot of people on the DS board who have WAYYY more to lose than that and have done so with great success... and most importantly, the stats for KEEPING it off are really impressive... I know for me to lose all the weight I have to lose then gain it back would be hell... and I, for one, will not go through it again!

Best of luck to you! Let us know over on the DS board if you decide to go that route.

Kyle

The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/13/08 2:56 am

I too have a lapband that i am getting rid of... I though I wanted RNY until I discovered the VSG board... From what I researched, , this is similar to the rny rate of weightloss without the malabsorption problems, and can be converted to the DS later if you need to.. but on the VSG board there has been a phenomenal amount of success with out further surgery..... fast recovery time-- surgery is abotu 60-90 minutes-- no malapbsorption- weightloss comparable to RNY --- made it an easy decision for me.. I am scheduled for 2 weeks from tomorrow and cant wait to dump this band.....  Good  luck with whatever you do.....

NeedhamGal
on 7/13/08 7:03 am - MA

just had my lapband yanked out on Tuesday and converted to a RNY.   You need to go to an experienced bariatric surgeon to do these conversion procedures.  

Joan

Brittwoman
on 7/13/08 8:32 am - West Babylon, NY
Lap Band to RNY here and I couldn't be more happy Post your question on the NY board and I'm sure someone will recommend a surgeon in NYC for you, or if you'd like to travel to LI my surgeon is GREAT
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

fortworthgal
on 7/13/08 8:45 am, edited 7/13/08 8:46 am - Fort Worth , TX

Castmar, you sound just like me. Got my band in 2004 ...Eventually lost 40 lbs, band too tight, lots of reflux and problems, all the saline taken out, gained all the weight back so on Aug 1 st I am getting the band out and revising to RNY. Check around for a good revision doctor...not all are experienced with revisions. My doctor is but he is in Dallas. Good luck!

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

K B (Tucson)
on 7/13/08 6:15 pm - Tucson, AZ

Look into vsg.  It acts like the band in that it works by restricting the amount of food you can eat at once and is much safer than band (risk of slippage - which caused me to lose my band) and not as invasive as bypass.  Your choice of course, but I am very happy with vsg since losing my band.

Most Active