Weight is up from the morning of surgery 2 days ago

darnell239
on 7/12/08 1:41 am - Columbia, SC

I was weight at the hospital before surgery.  My weight was 214.3 lbs (I purposely tried to loose a few pounds prior to surgery).  I just weighed myself at home and I have a very accurate scale and my weight was 220 pounds!  That a big shift in weight between Thursday morning and Saturday afternoon.  I've been on nothing but liquids.  Why would my weight be up?

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/12/08 1:53 am

Hey  is water gained you said your cycle hit prior to sugery.  Plus you had a IV right.  So give it a few days.  Glad you are doing well.

Cynthia

Pam K.
on 7/12/08 2:04 am - Aurora, IL

You gets lots of  IV flud during surgery.  Give it another week.  Are your ankles and hands kind of puffy? 

ginau
on 7/12/08 2:33 am - mesa, AZ

Its  that darn sugar water I.V. they give you in the hosp, Give it a week or two - you will  be down !!!  you only went up 6 lbs and got out early - just imagine if you had to stay a few more days -- thinking 15-20 lbs over 4 days

Just make sure to push your fluids - you need the good fresh to flush  it all out. you have to stay hydrated - dont think that your up weight wise and not going to drink ..  Keep Drinking !!!

M. Hall
on 7/12/08 6:48 am - Norcross, GA

That's exactly what it is the IV fluids. I stayed for 5 days and I was very disappointed when I made it home and got on the scale and it said that I had gained weight. But by the time I went to see my Doc a week later, I had lost 7lbs. So dont get discouraged.

Most Active