Hello!!! can anyone explain what is a sleeve?

castmar
on 7/11/08 8:52 am - Jackson Hts, NY
Hi, i had the lap band almost for two years.....no sucess lost only 45 pounds no restriction at all after 4 fills.....everything is ok with my band i just dont have  no restriction i would like to know what is the sleeve a lot of people are talking about any suggestions or ideas will be apreciated it :) i regret of having a lap band :(
The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/11/08 10:38 am
If you look to the right of this board, there is a Vertical Sleeve Gast. information, also, come vist the VSG board.  I am banded for 2 years, 30 pound wieght loss, no restriction, fills and unfills, lots of pb, etc.... and i am scheduled for revison surgery on july 28th to VSG... basically, about 60-80% of your stomack is removed leaving a "banana" shaped sleeve stomach of about 3 to 4 ounces.. so you loose weight by restriction and not malabsoprtion.......  Welcome, keep researching, and visit us at the VSG board.... lots of information and  ALOT of people ditching the band and getting the sleeve.  You r not alone and welcome!!

The UnSLEEVED 0.
on 7/11/08 12:32 pm

Silly me.. I mean my other right-- (left) of this board for the appropriate links.....

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 2:56 pm - AZ
KRWaters
on 7/11/08 3:17 pm - Manteca, CA
The sleeve is also the first part of the DS. So you could get the sleeve if your insurnace approves you (Most do not authorize the sleeve at this point), and then seeing how you do, you could go on to get the rest of it later , aka the DS swith part. Come to the DS board here on OH and check us out.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 1:22 am - AZ

Some people just plain don't have a sweet spot and others need 10 fills before they get it.

Sleeves rock, I revised to a sleeve and love it.

Most Active