Went to see my doctor today and he said..........

shawn31
on 7/13/08 9:43 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Thank you for the post. I e-mailed another doctor in my area but was really confused about my doctor's comment to me.

Shawn

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/08 11:35 am - Brampton, Canada

It's most important to have a consult with a very experienced revision surgeon.  Don't let that doctor make you feel bad, this is not about who's to blame but moving on and losing weight again.

goldroses
on 7/16/08 2:08 am - S. Weymouth, MA
It may be hard to find another doctor to do surgery especially if there are mechanical failures. Alot of doctors will not fix other doctor's problems. Insist that you have an upper GI series and an EGD to at least evaluate to see what your insides look like. Unfortunatley if everything is intact and nothing is blown open, your doctor won't do anything for you because there is nothing surgical to fix.  I personally know people who have self paid for various stomafix and other procedures and they are of very limited sucess. Insurance companies are a ***** about paying for WlS to begin with an even more so for any sort of revision without clear medical complications (ulcers, bleeding,fistulas). You are hitting the wall that alot of longer term post op**** maintaing the weight loss and preventing weight gain. I'm 5 years post-op and 7 months post-op revision for ulcers and fistulas and even so my weight is still a challange.  I got the insurance to pay for my revision because if my ulcers(3) and fistulas were not repaired I would have bled to death. They had tried 5 time to endoscopically treat both conditions, I had a clear medical indication for the revsion well beyond weight loss.  Best of Luck
slugworth
on 7/16/08 6:41 am - Stanwood, WA
In my opinion your doctor is totaly in the wrong. He is responsible for your weigth loss surgery. If it is not working the least he could do is to try to find out why. Blaming people does not help. What a terrible guy. Please see another doc!

Don't blame yourself!

-Van
Most Active