Went to see my doctor today and he said..........

shawn31
on 7/11/08 7:01 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15
I went to see my doctor today that performed the RNY on me in 2005 to ask what he thought about a revision. My doctor looked at me and said right out " I do not do revisions! " I did my job and now you need to do yours! Ok then so much for the revision. I knew going in that he did not do revisions and figure he would send me  to consult with another doctor if that is what I wanted to do. I feel like I was just shut down. I will pick up with going to  the gym more nd see where that gets me but I feel like I shouldn't even think about a revision anymore because of my visit today. He  looked @ me like you did not just ask me that. I was like WOW!
M. Hall
on 7/11/08 10:55 am - Norcross, GA
Ive read alot of posts like yours, where the Doc shas been very rude. Im sorry you had to go thru that, but please dont give up. He didnt give you an option of even trying to see why your surgery wasnt working. Must Docs would have you do an endoscopy or a UGI before they even tell you that. See the Lord knows who to put that problem on. But please dont give up. I just had a revision less than a month ago. And come to fimd out I had a mechanical failure with my RNY from 2002, so dont give up and definitely dont feel like a failure.
shawn31
on 7/11/08 11:45 pm - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

I will check out the DS board to get so more info indeed. I will have to look up some other docs in NC also. I just felt completely shut down even though I like this Doctor alot. I don't want to feel like I am going behind his back either. I have  a plan to start up @ the gym in another week or so because everything is so high right now. Thank you so much for your post and when will you have your DS surgery?

Shawn

KRWaters
on 7/11/08 2:38 pm - Manteca, CA
Doctors do that *****ally do not care about you. I would go to a differen t doc and one who does all the weight loss surgeries, the lap, RnY and the DS. I feel that the DS is the one you should concentrate on. You already had a RnY so why go that route again. Having a lapband is just going down hill and will get you nowhere so come to the DS forum here on OH and check out the duodenal switch. There is even a duodenalswitch.com website where you can a load of answers. Do not think negative about the DS. Doctors who do not perform DSs put it down, they are badmouthing the DS because they think it is the old verision which is no longer done. Just take vitamins and 99% of the people have no vitamin problems, but you have to take vitamins for life, no question about that, get blood work regularly, and eat! That is what DSers do, and we h ave cookies. Come take a look at our site. WE are a happy bunch.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/12/08 2:14 am

Hi Shawn, make the doctor's respone work for you.  He did no an examine to find out why your other surgery didn't work.  He chose not to rule out factors which tells me he isn't informed about the surgery or he doesn't want to move forward with his wls patients.

Look for and only go to dr's that are interested in working with wls patients.  Wls pt come with a host of issues that can and are being addressed by those drs that really want to help their pts.

Be encouraged and get focused on you and get what you need.

Cynthia

shawn31
on 7/12/08 7:41 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Thank you so much for your response. I have decided to look for another doctor that  I can talk to me about a revision . I have a new membership to the gym that I will use soon and until then I start walking with my mother @ 7:00 am in the morning. Also I was set up to see a nutrionist on the 23rd. We will see what happens. I'm hoping for the best outcome possible.

Shawn

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/13/08 12:41 am

Sounds good Shawn all the best.

darnell239
on 7/13/08 11:45 am - Columbia, SC

Shawn,

I just had revision surgery on Thursday.  Dr. Bauman in Concord did my revision.  He has alot of experience performing revisions.  You can look his office # up on find a bariatric surgeon in NC.

shawn31
on 7/13/08 12:56 pm - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Ok  thans for that info, Concord  is about ten minutes away from me. I will look him up.

Shawn

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/08 4:41 am - Brampton, Canada

Don't let that doctor dictate to you.  Go for consults with other bariatric surgeons that do revisions.

Most Active