Surgery is over and I am at my hotel

darnell239
on 7/11/08 10:15 am - Columbia, SC
Hello Everyone, First all want to thank everyone who wished me well and listen to me about being a nervous wreck.  I had my surgery yesterday morning (Thursday) about 8:00 am and 3 hours later I was in post-op recovery.  So far everything is good (knock on wood and of course thank God).  I did so well I guess my doctor released me early.  Which is good because I could not get any sleep in that place and God knows I needed it.  I am posting from my hotel room right now.  Again, thanks for the support and feedback everyone has given me.  The worst part is sticking with this liquid diet when I keep smelling food and see food comercials.  I will keep everyone informed on my progress the good and bad.  I will also be updating my profile within the next few days.  Gotta go!
M. Hall
on 7/11/08 10:49 am - Norcross, GA
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you back safely. Ill keep you in my prayers still for a speedy recovery. We will be looking for your posts.
glamacurls
on 7/11/08 12:13 pm - Olive Branch, MS
RNY on 02/19/08 with

Hey there! Glad to know everything went smooth... What kind of revision did you get done? If I remember correctly you were looking at different options. I had a revision in Feb. from lapband to RNY. They made my pouch about 5 oz. and then bypassed more to compensate. The surgery was a breeze, much easier than getting the lapband. I have lost 50lbs and have found that I am a slow loser, but I'll take it. I was hoping to have lost more by this time, but... Anyway, I am glad that you are doing so well!

Julie
darnell239
on 7/12/08 5:56 am - Columbia, SC
I had the mini-gastric bypass 8 1/2 years ago.  It is a smaller variation of the true RNY.  I was revised the true RNY.  I know many people on this forum are wanting revision from their RNY to something else but this conversion was the only I could get.  The surgeon who did my procedure is very experienced with revision surgeries and he is very knowledgeable about the type of procedure I had and had worked with the doctor who pioneered the mini-gastric bypass.
weightwatcher07
on 7/11/08 2:25 pm - Dallas, TX

Congratulations!!! Your patience has paid off. This time around we will try harder and when you have those down times move away from food. I am training  myself now for august 10 revision.

May God continue to bless you give you strenghth to come home.

Cynthia Johnson
on 7/12/08 2:05 am

Hi, glad you are doing well.  All of us are different I haven't wanted anything to eat until a week after the surgery.  But now I dream of crab.  LoL take it slow and get your water in Propel has really help me.

Cynthia 

Ms TJ P.
on 7/12/08 2:22 am - VA

Hey Darnell, I glad to hear you're doing alright. Take care of yourself during this healing period. My turn is Thursday and I'm very excited and have butterflies at the same time...Tonya

slugworth
on 7/16/08 6:37 am - Stanwood, WA
Great to see you made it through in great shape. I know you have been getting this going for a long time now.

Congrats!

-Van
Most Active