Stomach Staple Circa 1980

Kerry J.
on 8/8/08 11:22 pm - Santa Clara, UT

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out Dr. Schlesinger's site and see what he says.

In my case I don't really know how much intestine was bypassed, but I don't think very much. I've been corrisponding with Dr. Ungson because as I understand, he has done many revisions like mine. He didn't want to speckulate on what would be best for me until I had some tests done, so I had a barrium swallow done last week and I'm having an upper GI Endoscopy done on Aug 18. Once Dr. U has those results he will make a reccomendation and then it will be up to me.

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble eating, I've never had anything like that, in fact my problem is the opposite, I can eat anything. I never dump unless I eat something like ice cream on an empty pouch so I don't do that, but I can eat anything I want to, which for me is the problem. The only real issue I've had with the original bypass is that a staple tore or pulled out early on and I almost bled out. I had to have a blood transfusion and I got Hep C from the blood. Of course this was back in 81 and no one knew about Hep C or even AIDS back then. I discovered the Hep C in 1996 and took interferon shots for a year to cure it. I was lucky, very lucky, the cure rate was only about 20% back then. It was a year of feeling like crap, but it worked.

The thing I like best about the DS revision is that I get my pyloric valve back and that I will still be able to eat like a normal person. The thing I don't like is the need to test blood for the rest of my life, I fear that will get old in a hurry.

Keep in touch and let me know how your reversal goes.

Kerry

KCameron
on 8/9/08 12:25 am - Radcliff, KY
Good luck with your tests, I hope all goes well.
I will keep you posted.

Take care.

Kim
Most Active