Stomach Staple Circa 1980

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 9:20 am

Hi Kerry!

I just realized you live in Santa Clara!  I lived there for 2 years.  Beautiful city.  It has now been two weeks since surgery and I wanted to make you aware that I am now down 26 pounds and feel great.  Keep researching all forms of revision surgery....go on what is best for you.  I spent 4 months of daily research finding what was best for me.  What I chose may not be the best for the next person.  Don't make any decisions without believing that IT is the best FOR YOU.  I will keep updating you onmy progress.

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 9:34 am, edited 7/14/08 9:36 am - Santa Clara, UT

That's great Karen, 26 lbs. in three weeks is awsome!

Are you talking about Santa Clara CA? I live in Santa Clara UT, which is right next to St. George, UT about 120 miles north east of Las Vegas NV. Santa Clara, UT is about 4500 people, it's a real nice little town, but not much of a city.

Thanks for the advice, it's what I'm doing and I really appreciate hearing about your experience. A lap band or Rose my work well for me, I think my gastric staple line gave up after less than two years, but I was able to keep my weight under control for almost 20 years. The main thing I don't like about the band is the thought of having that port in my ribs and having to go back again and again to a doctor. I've had very poor luck dealing with doctors, they all seem pretty indiferent to my needs.

Thanks again for the report, please keep me updated!

Kerry

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 9:40 am

26 pounds in TWO weeks!  Santa Clara, UTAH!  I worked at Dixie State and loved it.  Now in the Salt Lake area.

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 9:44 am - Santa Clara, UT

You gotta be kidding me. My wife Barb worked at DIxie State Bank for Brent Kamereth and Murray Gubler from 1978-9 to 1984.

Two weeks!!! Holy cow, that's crazy!

Kerry

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 9:51 am

Dixie State College....not bank.  I was Director of Student Activities.  But I know Brent.  His ex is one of my best friends!  Small world!

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 9:54 am - Santa Clara, UT

Small world is right, I haven't seen Sug for years, she was a year ahead and older than I in school, but I know her very well.

karenwhiting
on 7/14/08 9:58 am

She's still amazing and full of energy.  Remarried, happy and living in Reno.

Kerry J.
on 7/14/08 10:01 am - Santa Clara, UT

That's the Sug I know, I didn't know she had remarried, I'm happy for her.

Please keep me posted about your experience, it sounds very interesting.

Kerry

karenwhiting
on 7/21/08 12:24 am
Just an update!  Down 30 pounds in 3 weeks!  WAHOO!
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 9:56 am - Brampton, Canada

Kerry, I had no aftercare either back then plus my surgeon had his license suspended for five years so no follow up.  Basically the surgeon for my Lap Band sent me for endoscopy (I think, etc.) and you could see the staple line was no longer there and staples are scattered and embedded throughout.  The VBG is no longer performed the old way as they found over time the staples did not hold.  After the first two years I only kept down to 113 lbs. by sheer dieting and then a few years later during a difficult pregnancy I started putting it all on slowly.

Most Active