My Revision Turned Down By Insurance Company!

MARCIAM
on 7/11/08 2:15 pm - Sayville, NY

Thanks Valerie! I'm not going to let the insurance company win!

Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/08 2:43 pm, edited 7/11/08 2:43 pm - AZ

Marcia,

I think  your insurance company is stalling you. You have proof of the 6 months weight lost. I bet they have not opened there eyes up to read it. Also you have co morbities. Are you sure you want to go to a RNY ? I had one done in 1997 and it really did not work. I lost weight and gained weight. People are not getting good results with RNY based on studies. I am one of them.What about a extended rny or a DS. I hate for you to go thru the rny and stop losing and gain weight. I just had my revision from my RNY to Erny. My surgeon said I really did not have a bypass done in 1997 and just had the stomach done. I felt it was my fault all these years and was the surgeon that operated on me. The operative report never stated how much he bypassed because there was none, zippo !! I was so scared to go back to this surgeon because I failed. But I did not. Now this doctor is retired. Now I am already losing . Make sure you review all different options you have avavible. I had ony a RNY avavible at the time. There is so many different procedures they can do. I was a self pay because my insurance did not think it was medically necessary. I was 420 LBs and had a many co morbities.

I hope this helps, don't give up and fight,

Dawn

MARCIAM
on 7/15/08 2:54 pm - Sayville, NY
I really have researched my options and I believe that I have made a good and informed decision. Thanks for the input.
RNY on 9/22/08

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/08 3:56 pm - AZ
I wish you well on getting your RNY. I always like to put my 2 cents in the pot. I always have to remember this site is about opinion's and you have to make the right decision for yourself.

Dawn
pepsi98
on 7/14/08 8:34 pm - Norwich, CT

I am feeling your pain...I received a denial letter yesterday form Anthem Blue Cross.  I am asking them to approve a lap band placed over my old (1982) gastric stapling.  Now I have to pick myself up and prepare to fight. 

"The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

MARCIAM
on 7/15/08 2:55 pm - Sayville, NY
I know how taxing appeals will be but they are worth it in the long run. I just wish that the insurance companies didn't make us jump through hoops.
RNY on 9/22/08

Most Active