My Revision Turned Down By Insurance Company!

MARCIAM
on 7/10/08 12:19 pm - Sayville, NY
The New York City Healthline has reviewed everything sent in by my doctor's office and have denied me for the revision from lapband to RNY... They insist that they never received six months of doctor supervised weightloss - not true, and also that it is not medically necessary - also not true. I guess I am back to the land of appeals! I also made an appointment with my gastro doctor because I cannot stand this reflux. The first appointment I could get was August 6th - almost a month from now!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Deanne K.
on 7/10/08 1:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
I can understand your frustration.  I am in the appeals land too.  Its been more than 2 weeks and haven't received the official denial letter, so can't proceed yet.
MARCIAM
on 7/10/08 1:51 pm - Sayville, NY
I am waiting for the letter too. They told me I was denied over the phone. Good luck to you!
RNY on 9/22/08

Erica P.
on 7/10/08 1:22 pm - Staten Island, NY
I am so sorry to hear they denied you.  This is just another stumbling block that they are giving you.  Do not give up!!!  Insurance companies are worse than the bad lawyers....but don't let them bring yo down.  Fight until they give you what you need....the revision.  Good luck. Erica
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"
"If at first you DO succeed- try not to look too amazed!"

"I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store!"
MARCIAM
on 7/10/08 1:51 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Erica! I'm not giving up!
RNY on 9/22/08

Hondurian Queen
on 7/10/08 9:52 pm - BOSTON, MA
dont give up marciam everything will work out believe and so it shall be

MARCIAM
on 7/11/08 2:14 pm - Sayville, NY

Thanks for the good wishes!

RNY on 9/22/08

KRWaters
on 7/10/08 11:48 pm - Manteca, CA
You do know Marcia that many people get the RnY and it fails them? They go through reflux, etc and weight gain, etc. Are you sure you want to chance it with a RnY? Just want to know if you are aware, that's all? I had RnY 3 years ago and regret it immensely. Now I am on my way to a DS. Check us out. DS forum @ OH.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

MARCIAM
on 7/11/08 2:14 pm - Sayville, NY

Thanks Karen!

RNY on 9/22/08

Valerieb09
on 7/11/08 10:31 am - Seacoast, NH
Marcia, I am sorry to hear this.  It IS medically necessary due to the fact your band is causing your GERD.  My band was doing this to me.   I must say my initial request was denied then they approved me the following week.  I hope you are able to get your gastro doc on board to help you fight the insurance company. It sounds like your insurance company is trying every angle to get out of paying for a revision.  I wish you much luck in your appeal. Fight the good fight and don't let them win!  You DESERVE and NEED a revision. Valerie
Most Active