Rose done 3 days ago

smile750
on 7/10/08 11:32 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi everyone, In and out of the hospital for the ROSE trial in Monmouth this past Tuesday.  Staying strict with my liquids and feeling fine.  So happy for my 2nd chance!  Having trouble drinking all of my water each day though.  Does anyone else find it hard to drink enough to stay hydrated while still observing the "nothing to drink 30 minutes prior to meal and 60 or so minutes after the meal"?  I had the same issue when I had my original RNY and suffered from dehydration a few days back then. I'm trying to take sips but I get scared that I might drink too much - wow I have to say I love having the fear back in me again . Jen
patsy13215
on 7/10/08 4:19 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Jen;Congrats on your Rose..I find that it helps to have a variety of liquids and that will help.On the liquid phase I had no trouble at all.as you advance,you will have to make a more conscious effort. Good luck to you..Patsy
michele W.
on 7/10/08 9:44 pm - eatontown, NJ

Hi Jen, Congratulations on your revision!. How exciting. I can't wait to hear about your progress. I too desperately want a revision. Even though the study is closed I am meeting with the nutrionist at MMC on wednesday of next week. Who knows, miracles do happen. Maybe they will open it up for more patients again.  If not, I  will definately need to pursue something else as I have gained about 45lbs back (probably more when I think about lbs lost thru plastics) since my rny in 2001.  I really would like Dr. B to do it but might have to go where insurance will work. I just keeping my fingers crossed something good will happen. Best of luck to you, keep us posted! Michele

M. Hall
on 7/11/08 11:11 am - Norcross, GA
Hi I had a revision less than a month ago and when i first came home it was very hard to drink and eat 30 minutes to an hour apart. Its something you have to get use to. It was hard to get all the liquids in at first but it gets better. im able to get it in now.
bryant97
on 7/14/08 1:00 am

Hi Jen,

I am in process for the ROSE study in Virginia.  How did you feel after the endoscope-how long before you could drive?  How long are you on liquids and then what do you eat?  Thanks for sharing.

Bry

Most Active