Scheduled for Lap-Band over RNY Revision! Now I have Q's!

ginau
on 7/14/08 11:01 pm - mesa, AZ

Diana

Thank you for your response,  Correcting information can be a "Good Thing" when done with a little more care, tact  and less rudness.

I am not sure if you have any surgical experience - I know I dont, I interviewed a few Dr's before deciding on mine, Since he is the one  that  has performed thousands of surgeries . I rely heavily on his opinion - After all he is the one to follow  his patients.  and see;s first hand their sucess and failure. 

Please dont speak for Dr's  that you dont know or are not familiar with.  All Dr's reserve the right to do procedures they are confident and comfortable with. Ones that they feel are best suited  for their patients.

I am happy to know your a proud D.S.'er , But  give us our respect too ! 

JRinAZ
on 7/14/08 2:29 pm - Layton, UT

Hey there!  I've been catching up on a few threads and find myself wanting to jump right in the middle of this "stuff" with my dukes up!  ....but, maybe just point out the obvious instead....I can undesrstand why you got worked up when someone came on wayyyyyyy too strong with exagerations towards your surgery.......but then you dished it right back........Unfortunately, the "paying it forward"; which is synonymous with kindness and service, fell by the wayside.  It seems the sleeve, the lapband, the DS AND a great surgeon all got muddied over the escalated rantings of a few who toss out a fact or two twisted with a whole lot of embelishments.  ......  The surgeon you refer to not only does DS's but does all other surgery options.  We are not all cookie cutter bodies.  If we have a Toyota body then we shouldn't have a Chevy fix..........o.k. that was a dumb analogy  but my point is that all are different.  It seems that every few weeks or so some DS missionary feels the need to shove their surgery choice down the throats of everyone else and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their superior surgery should be the answer to each and every weight issue known to mankind!  Pleeeeeeeez.....give us all some credit for being the adults that we are with a thought or 2 of our own floating around in our heads!                         You discredit the very thing you champion by your rudeness.........As for the other poster that stirred the pot in the first place.........I think we all stopped paying attention to her a long time ago!!!!  .....And the bait and switch comment?  Many "virgin" pre-ops have been encouraged to have a DS by said surgeon & have received one.....BUT, Revision patients usually have more "worries" atrtached to their 2nd go around to consider...........A very good surgeon points out the "safest/ most effective" option for each.........Be happy!  Enjoy your success!  ................. BTW....my DS common channel definitely stirs up a killer smell!  Whew! ......thank HEAVENS for flagyl!)             

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active