Scheduled for Lap-Band over RNY Revision! Now I have Q's!

Anna G.
on 7/13/08 2:31 am
Why on earth would I want to do anything about it? Please believe me MidwesternGirl, when I say that we are all very pleased that you are not getting the DS.

LeaAnn
on 7/13/08 2:24 am - Huntsville, AL
Beautiful post, Anna.
Frozen_Peach
on 7/13/08 1:00 am, edited 7/13/08 1:00 am

I dunno 'bout you but I'm definitely counting my blessings that MWG will never have a DS - OMG if we had to put up with her on the DS board....*shudder*

Apparently she also hasn't seen the RNY threads sharing their "poo and gas" woes.....

you just can't fix stupid

ETA:  All my gas issues are controlled with simply watching my carb intake - I DO NOT take antibiotics TYVM.  I eat carbs just not a lot....easy trade-off so far :)

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/08 2:44 am - San Jose, CA

Since MWG has me blocked (gee, I wonder why??), I am responding to you -- perhaps you could copy my post in your reply?

Besides being thrilled that we don't have to deal with MWG as "one of us" (which she will NEVER be, no matter what surgery she has), I have the following observation about her snarky uninformed remark:

"Noooo, no DS for me.  I'd rather be fat if it came down to it."

Let's see whether this one comes back to bite her in her VSG ass.  I've seen quite a few VSGers who started out at high BMIs "failing the surgery."  I'd be willing to bet if MWG starts gaining, she'll be back looking to fix her VSG with a swtich, just like everyone else.

I sure am curious why she hates us DSers so much though -- jealous much?

Frozen_Peach
on 7/13/08 3:02 am
On July 13, 2008 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:

Since MWG has me blocked (gee, I wonder why??), I am responding to you -- perhaps you could copy my post in your reply?

Besides being thrilled that we don't have to deal with MWG as "one of us" (which she will NEVER be, no matter what surgery she has), I have the following observation about her snarky uninformed remark:

Let's see whether this one comes back to bite her in her VSG ass.  I've seen quite a few VSGers who started out at high BMIs "failing the surgery."  I'd be willing to bet if MWG starts gaining, she'll be back looking to fix her VSG with a swtich, just like everyone else.

happy to quote you BUT she has me blocked too LOL

sooo could someone who isnt' blocked quote Diana!!!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Vicki In A Clam Shell
on 7/13/08 3:01 pm - near Louisville, KY

I am curious about the animosity you feel for this surgery type.  Your words sound chosen,  sharpened and aimed to either hurt other DSers or maybe to keep others from getting this life saving surgery.  I truly don't get your attitude considering that you have the first half of the DS and if you need help maintaining your weight loss down the road the next logical step is to have the switch portion of the surgery. 

I don't think you're jealous, I think you're scared and I don't blame you - it looks like you have been using a certain unnamed DSer as a spokesman for the DS and he certainly does not deserve that position.  His problems certainly caused concern for me too.  I think if you will spend some time researching the DS you will find that he is not typical and we do not suffer from the problems he does.  If this is not your problem then it looks like you simply have hostility for a surgery type and that's just plain silly.  I don't stink, I don't have potty problems and I am shrinking at a lovely rate.  I certainly would not rather be fat.  I love my DS.  Don't make enemies of the very people who will need to support you should you decide on the switch later on.

I owed it to myself to research the duodenal switch before consenting to any other weight loss surgery and so do you.  Check out DSFacts.com and DuodenalSwitch.com for more information.  Remember think twice, cut once, revisions are risky and revision surgeons are rare.
 DS Lab Rats 

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/08 1:11 am - AZ
On July 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, Vicki In A Clam Shell wrote:

I am curious about the animosity you feel for this surgery type.  Your words sound chosen,  sharpened and aimed to either hurt other DSers or maybe to keep others from getting this life saving surgery.  I truly don't get your attitude considering that you have the first half of the DS and if you need help maintaining your weight loss down the road the next logical step is to have the switch portion of the surgery. 

I don't think you're jealous, I think you're scared and I don't blame you - it looks like you have been using a certain unnamed DSer as a spokesman for the DS and he certainly does not deserve that position.  His problems certainly caused concern for me too.  I think if you will spend some time researching the DS you will find that he is not typical and we do not suffer from the problems he does.  If this is not your problem then it looks like you simply have hostility for a surgery type and that's just plain silly.  I don't stink, I don't have potty problems and I am shrinking at a lovely rate.  I certainly would not rather be fat.  I love my DS.  Don't make enemies of the very people who will need to support you should you decide on the switch later on.

The surgery type isn't for me.  Plain and simple.  I *would* rather be fat than to deal with the potential problems I have read on your board.  That's me, so be it.  I don't know why this is such a problem for everyone.  DSers seem to be angry if others don't choose their surgery type.  I don't get it.

I have Diana blocked because she is crude, vulgar, without class, she attacks anyone that disagrees with her and she's overall just not a nice person.  I have no desire to read anything she writes.

I'm not really concerned about regaining at this point.  I have overhauled my eating habits, I enjoy foods that are not high fat, high calorie, I am very happy and content with my weight and my diet, and for the first time in my life I am not the least bit concerned about weight issues anymore.

The band... horrible mistake.  I honestly don't know what possessed me to think that wrapping a band really tight around my stomach would be a good thing.  I think I didn't believe any WLS type would help in the beginning and I wanted reversible so when it didn't work I could have it removed and say I tried.  Well, it did work and very well I might add.  But it had side effects I would not put up with just like side effects of DS are something I would not put up with so I won't get that surgery.

Diana and several others have a history of coming over to the band boards and spreading misinformation about WLS types and attacking newbies considering WLS.  That's not right.  That's why she has the rep she does on other boards.  I'm not pro-band, I'm pro-WLS.  Each person needs to do what is right for them and if it isn't DS you guys need to respect that.

I could never be a DSer because I don't like the surgery type for me and I could never behave as Scotty, Diana, LeaAnn, etc.

Not sure why I should be afraid that the sleeve won't work for me, I think it's the best thing I have ever done.  Not all of us need malabsorption, some of us are actually able to overhaul our diets and we like it that way.

I recall a few months ago i was talking to DSers and I was trying to say that I WANT a good diet, I WANT to do things the right way, I WANT to cut out the crap foods, the fried foods, the fast foods.  DSers were in shock, calling me a liar, etc.  They couldn't comprehend that I don't want a diet of MickeyDs, fried chicken, and Chocolate cake.  They couldn't wrap their collective brains around the concept.  That's when I realized that for me, I am doing the right thing.

i'm not sure why you guys have such a problem with the concept of a healthy diet free of crap foods.  It boggles the mind.

Marla B.
on 7/12/08 1:36 pm, edited 7/12/08 1:37 pm
****this is for the gal from manteca, ca***
How exactly did the RNY "malfunction" ? I checked out your profile, it sounds like you just thought it was a quick fix, that you could eat whatever you wanted and thought it would be "poof" and all the excess lard would be gone....sorry, no WLS will do that, we all have to take responsibility for our actions, meaning what we eat, how much moving we do and most important, we all have to be realistic in our goals. Marla

melati
on 7/12/08 2:42 am, edited 7/12/08 2:50 am - Miami, FL

Good for you! Unfortunately some of us on the board are doing very "hard sells" for their particular surgery. Band over RNY is the most effective treatment for RNY revision! Here is someone I know who has done very well--you may want to contact her with your questions.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/mish/

Binxalways
on 7/12/08 3:01 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Julie, you read my mind!  I actually just sent you a personal message asking for more info!  I will definitely contact the member you mentioned.  Thanks bunches!!

Sincerely,

Elizabeth

Most Active