New here, and will be trying for a revision

Arizonadck
on 7/10/08 12:25 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi, I'm also shopping around for a revision.  The best source of different kinds and pros/cons is the "ABC's of Revisions" by Dr. Schlesinger - a member on this forum.  Go to member list look him up and all his posts and read it - it will answer any and all questions you have!  Good Luck!!!
babsintx
on 7/11/08 2:13 am - GA
Hi Toby,

THere are so many options available now than back in 2001. I am a revision from lapband to sleeve. Had my band for 5 years and had long term complications of gastric banding due to esophageal achalasia, slipped band etc... Did really well with just a restrictive WLS, so I decided the sleeve was for me. However, as one of the other posters said, it is important to find out why you are regaining before you decide what WLS is the right one for you. In my case, it was product failure and body rejection which allowed me to eat significantly more than I could before. Maybe you need more malabsorption???My best advise is to make sure that you meet with a surgeon who is a REVISION surgeon. IT is not clear if your previous surgeon is trying to upsell because you called and asked about revision or whether he really is a revision surgeon. I would start there before making any decisions.

Babs

334/201/150
revision to sleeve 3/11/08

Most Active