Having a menstrual and surgery is tomorrow!

darnell239
on 7/8/08 9:10 pm - Columbia, SC
Tomorrow is my big surgery day.  Later this evening my husband and I are driving up to NC to spend the night because I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am.  I am already a nervous wreck about this surgery and as "murphy's law" would have it I start my period.  I am afraid that this may cause my surgery to cancelled.  Even if it is not cancelled I think it going to hard trying to care for personal needs on top of trying to deal with the effects of surgery. 
JRinAZ
on 7/9/08 12:30 am - Layton, UT
Darnell!                                Just wanted to wish you a safe and uneventful drive and surgery!!!!  You have been working this for a long time sweetie pie and a lil ol period shouldn't get in the way of surgeon's who deal with blood all day long!!!!  Just pop off of that table and push your protein and supplements so you don't lose strength!!!                                                                                                         LOSER'S ROCK!!!!  .....  looking forward to your future happy news reports!!!!  Huggzzz, prayers and happy thoughts your way!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ALABAMA
on 7/9/08 1:36 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Darnelle, good luck on surgery day and I hope everything work out for you.  About the "period" I had to be at the hospital @ 5:30 am and it was a 2 hour drive from my sister house and the morning when I got up to shower my period started I was so pissed off.  It will not make a difference at all. just let them know you will need a pad and when you go into the operation room they will removed the pad to put in the foley catherter. The next thing you will remeber is waking up and recovery.  Good luck to you.  Glenda in ga.
darnell239
on 7/9/08 2:20 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks Joyce & Everyone for being so supportive!  It means alot.  I'm sure next week this time I will be looking back laughing.  I love this forum because everyone is supportive and informative.
michele W.
on 7/9/08 2:08 am - eatontown, NJ

Hi Darnell, Good luck tomorrow!. Don't worry about your cycle. As someone already said, they  will give you a pad (no undies though) for the o.r. . Just go in and have sweet dreams for your future! Best of luck! I am so excited for you. Michele

M. Hall
on 7/9/08 3:41 am - Norcross, GA
Hi Darnell, I had the the same thing happen to me for my 1st surgery and my revision (3 weeks ago). They gave me a granny pad and some fish net underwear to put on. However they took them off during my surgery (go figure). So when I finally woke up, I was very unhappy. Thank GOD since I got my IUD its little to nothing.
Ms TJ P.
on 7/9/08 5:18 am - VA
Hi Darnell, I posted to you also on the RNY boards, but again God Bless have a non eventful surgery, keep us posted......Tonya
Dena W.
on 7/9/08 12:58 pm - Tarpon Springs, FL
This is totally normal, sweetie!  Happened to me, too.  But it happens to MOST females around surgery, believe it or not.  I guess it's a stress response.  Or a curse.  Not sure!  LOL  But it'll be okay.  We are used to it as nurses on the surgical floor!  And they won't cancel your surgery because of it, believe me. 
                                                 Dena
See my YouTube vlogs here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/LiLtinee
Add me as a friend on Facebook:    Dena Waskiewicz               
Starting weight:  297 / Goal weight:  140's / Current weight:  138-143
Lap RNY 3/12/2007 ~ Fleur-de-Lis tummy tuck 7/12/2010

Marie Kruse
on 7/10/08 12:00 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hope all is well with your surgery! Safe journeys! :)

1st Surgery: 6/4/03 Open RNY with Dr. Gus Slotman, Cherry Hill, NJ HW:576/SW:540/ LW:345 regain to 420 (net loss of 156 pounds)

2nd Surgery: 6/9/08 Revision RNY to DS Dr. Greenbaum, Willingboro, NJ
SW:423 CW:375 (7/3)
48 pounds lost thanks to the DS!  

Hondurian Queen
on 7/10/08 12:05 am - BOSTON, MA
good luck on your revision and be blessed

Most Active