for lapband to sleeve peeps

lizoneil06
on 7/7/08 4:44 pm - Somewhere, KS
How would you compare the feeling of being banded to the sleeve?  Do you gurgle with the sleeve?

babsintx
on 7/8/08 2:14 am - GA
Hi,

Yup, some gurgling, but nothing like the band. The sleeve is very easy compared to life with the band over 5 years. No maintenance, eat normally and in smaller portions.

Babs

K B (Tucson)
on 7/8/08 2:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
My vsg acts just like my band with only a little restriction.  My doc made my sleeve larger than for someone still obese as I was at/near goal weight when the band was taken out.  My advice is to get a small sleeve if you still need to lose more weight.
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/08 1:14 am - AZ
Relief. ;o) There are sounds but nothing like with banding.  With banding people could hear me gurgle across a room.  Now it is minor rumbling. I burp a lot, during meals mostly.  But I am assuming I need to learn to do something differently. Perfect restriction, no pain, no barfing, no stoma-spewing, no foaming,no sliming. Full  feels like it did pre band, full with a band (for me) meant one more bite and I'll hurl.  Today full feels very satisfying, just like before I ever had surgery to begin with. This is so much easier, SOOO much easier.  Safer too.
Most Active