2 Months out !! extended RNY

ginau
on 7/7/08 6:20 am - mesa, AZ
Wow I just realized today is my 2 month  since surgery date .. How time fly's   I am down  28 lbs  loosing a little slower - but worth it , pretty much feel good - except  tailbone pain - think I need a " Fat Pad" transplant  ,  I have been getting in lots of water & protein.  The  Gas & bloated feeling is under control.  Loose stool is just part of life - I can learn to deal with it.  I cant say anything bad about it . ----- well maybe ....  My wallet is a little lighter - I paid some of my Dr and hospital  bills today . I still feel  like the  Extended RNY to a common channel of 75 was perfect for me.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

patsy13215
on 7/7/08 8:16 am - syracuse, NY
Hi ginau; It sounds like you are doing great!!!!You should be very proud of yourself!!!How often do they want you to come in for followup? Good luck.Patsy
Arizonadck
on 7/7/08 11:03 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Gina,  Did your insurance pay for it or were you self-pay?  Time certainly does fly.  28 pounds is fabulous.  Slower is ok for me - I don't need the real fast weight loss I had after my RNY.  Hopefully talk with you soon!  Carolyn
Cynthia Johnson
on 7/8/08 7:00 am
Hi Gina, 28lbs loss is good any why you look at it.   Keep up the good work! Cynthia
M. Hall
on 7/9/08 3:51 am - Norcross, GA
Im glad you posted this cause I thought something was wrong with me. I lost 20 lbs the 1st 2 weeks and the last week Ive lost only 2 lbs. But 28 lbs is good, Gina. They say its better to lose slow anyway.  We can at least try and tone up a lil while it comes off. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time does fly, it doesn't seem like 2 months.
Heidineub
on 7/9/08 7:13 am
I really appreciate your post. I'm about one month behind you. I had my revision on 6/4. I'm losing at a slow rate (22 pounds first month). Even though the surgeon warned me it would go slow, it is hard emotionally to exercise, eat right and see the scale move so slowly. But, we are losing and that is a blessing.
Most Active