3 more days until ROSE

smile750
on 7/5/08 10:14 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi everyone - it has been soooooo long since I thought about the strictness of diet after WLS.  My RNY was back in Dec. 02 and it seemed as if I had forever to plan what I was supposed to eat after surgery (while I was waiting to have the surgery).  I was so good for so long (eating what I was supposed to and not slipping much) but after that 2nd kid was born- stress seemed to put me over the edge and eating the wrong foods often and on the go alot (working full time with two kids in daycare (now 3 and 21 months - at different daycare centers none the less) with lots driving around everyday!  For this upcoming ROSE procedure, it has happened so fast that I feel overwhelmed as to what I'm going to do.  I've got the paperwork and know what I have to get - it just seems like I'm running out of time to prepare and it will done before I know it.  Did anyone else feel that way?  I want this 2nd chance to work in the worst way - I just don't want to feel like a failure again.  Those that are post ROSE - any suggestions on what you found good to eat (1st week? 2nd week?)? Jen
Zurib
on 7/5/08 10:51 am - Newburgh, NY
Good luck on your upcoming revision. I am having the Stomaphyx Plus on Monday. I wish you all of the very best!
mikenfortmill
on 7/5/08 11:32 pm - Fort Mill, SC
Hello... I want to say congratulations and keep us posted!  You will do well...  I also am having the ROSE procedure on July 15th.  As far as what to eat, my surgeon told me I had to be on a two week liquid diet, the first two weeks... things like water, Sugar free kool-aid, Crystal Light,  Diet Snapple, Propel, V8 Diet Splash, sugar free Jell-O, unsweetened tea/coffee, sugar free popsicles, broth, and cream soups like cream of chicken, cream of shrimp, etc.   Hope that little bit helps......   Take care... Mike C.
cmr3399
on 7/6/08 6:10 am - Bayville, NJ
Hi jen.... Good Luck....And i feel for you...single mom of 3 and i work full time 70-80hrs a week...so I HAD to make this work...so far it has.....Just be sure to get your water/ crystal light in or you will retain!!!! Here is what I have had for the last week and 1/2... Clear liquids decaffeinated tea and coffee, clear broth, bullion,clear juices (WATERED SDOWN) such as apple, grape, light cranberry, sugar-free Popsicles and sugar-free gelatin...Isopure has been my best friend!!!!!! Liquids... the same as above....plus I added  protein powders or shakes as well as carb control milk, or skim milk, yogurt, cream of wheat or rice, farina and grits, creamed soups, Sylvester stalone sf protien pudding, I have had a good time adding my Choc matrix Syntrax protein powder to decaf coffee with a pump of Starbucks SF Carmel syrup "YUMMY" feels like I'm cheating and i'm getting 27 grams of protien in. Let me know if you need anything..... Christine
smile750
on 7/6/08 9:06 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Wow Christine - such a list.  What flavor Isopure do you like the best?  I drank it back when I had my original RNY but remember a yucky after taste - I don't remember the one that least offended me.  Did you add no-flavor protein powder to your clear liquids (broths and/or juices)?  Check your messages - I'll send a much more detailed message so I don't bore the rest.... Jen
cmr3399
on 7/6/08 10:24 am - Bayville, NJ
   Jen I didn't get it  But yes  i did add protien powder to most things...GNC unflavored....to most except the coffee.... Now for the Isopure...I hate them all....lol  EXCEPT...their ICED TEAS>>>>YUUUUMMMM It helps my craving for tea with the added 40gs of protien... Try resending   if not...email me [email protected]... i'm at work till11pm at least

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

emailhillary
on 7/7/08 2:46 am

Hi Jen, Our stories sound so similar.  I had my lap RNY in July 2001 and kept the majority off until recently.   I am 5 feet tall and was 260 lbs, lost down to 120, now back up to 180.  It's been a rocky 7 years since then.  1 Divorce, 1 Marriage, 2 new step daughters, 2 more babies with my new husband (now 22 months and 3 months), and all the while with a very stressful job.  I also had 2 children from my previous marriage.  I take care of 6 kids full time and work full time.  I just read about the ROSE procedure yesterday, and it is the first time I felt a little like my post partum depression might be lifting.  I would be thrilled if I could get it.  I am in Washington state and think there is 1 person doing the procedure here.  I also don't know if insurance covers it, but where there is a will there is a way right?  I'll be following your posts and wish you the best of luck!  Take care - Hillary

Bill A.
on 7/11/08 4:48 am - So. Seaside Park, NJ
Hi Jen. I'am scheduled for the Rose on Tuesday the 15th at Monmouth. Like to know how long you were in the hospital before you were discharged, what your drinking and eating,how you feel. Had my surgery back in Nov. 03. Have gained about 45lbs,Dr. Gorcey told me both my pouch and stoma expanded. Good Luck.  Bill
smile750
on 7/11/08 5:28 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Bill, I was in surgical day-stay.  Got there at 5:45 a.m. for 7:30 a.m. procedure.  They were pretty much on time - think I was wheeled in just before 8:00 a.m.  Back in recovery by 10:00 a.m. and out the door at 4:00 p.m.   All my vitals were normal during recovery so they didn't feel they needed to keep me any longer (probably could have left at 3 p.m.). I'm on clear liquids for a week.  I've been eating broth (chicken or beef) with unflavored protein powder added to it (obviously not clear liquid anymore) - Designer Whey natural flavor.  I also bought some Isopure drinks which aren't the greatest but when you're only drinking 3 oz, it's not too bad.  Looking forward to cream soups, sugar free popsicles (chocolate) and shakes next week. I feel good - today I'm a little low on liquid so I'm trying to speed up a little so I don't get dehydrated. I talked to Dr. Gorcey today and he said that his patient that came in for the 3 month post surgical scope has lost 60 lbs.  Now THAT'S ENCOURAGING.  I remember those days....... and can't wait to be there again too.  Oh.... so many clothes in the closet just waiting for me.  And perfect too because many of them are clothes for the fall and winter when I had been at my lowest weight and went a little crazy shopping. Good luck!!!  Maybe we'll see each other sometime in the office. Jen
Most Active