VBG revision

KCameron
on 7/5/08 2:20 pm - Radcliff, KY

Has anyone here had a revision from VBG to either the VSG or Erny? I am contemplating revision from my 12 year VBG. My original surgeon wants to do a total reversal, but I am scared to regain the 65 lbs that I have kept off. Even though I still meet the criteria for wls. My insurance will not cover the VSG and I don't know a local surgeon here in Ky that does it. I think Indiana may be the closest surgeon, I think I saw someone had it with Dr. Inman. Has anyone had the VSG as self pay? If so, how much did it cost? Thanks for any information you can give. Kim

getinther
on 7/5/08 10:38 pm - AL
Kim, I have not had the revision, but am looking into it!  I am expecting the same problems that you're having. I can not afford to self pay, so hopefully, BCBS will consider it as a critical situation(333 lbs) and decide to pay.  Please keep me posted on your success.
KCameron
on 7/6/08 1:34 am - Radcliff, KY

Hi, How long ago did you have the VBG? My insurance will cover revisions, but specifically will not cover what I want done. I don't know if you can request an exception to policy, but that is what I am going to try to do first. I will post what happens. Thanks, Kim

getinther
on 7/6/08 10:42 am - AL
I had it over 14 years ago!  I am going to contact BCBS again tomorrow!  Thanks
KCameron
on 7/6/08 10:47 am - Radcliff, KY

Please let me know what you find out. Good luck!

tracivaughn
on 7/8/08 10:52 pm - Forestville, MD

I had the VBG with Sleeve almost three years ago I am writing you because my sister had  a lap band and now she is getting a revision to the VSG.  You should contact her for more info on her surgery plans [email protected] her name is Tina I am Traci we are from MD but I know she plans to travel to get her surgery.

Most Active