RNY to DS-Would like to talk to someone who has this revision

cvickers
on 7/2/08 11:29 pm
Looking for a doctor who can do revision. Thinking of RNY to DS. Can it be done lap?
Marie Kruse
on 7/3/08 12:10 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi there! I'm a new RNY to DS Revision and was lucky enough to have a surgeon who performed this procedure right in my backyard! Not sure what's available in TN, but I do want to extend an invitation to you to come visit the Duodenal Switch Forum here on Obesity Help. There are several RNY to DS Revision people there and they can provide you with a wealth of resources and information! Just know you are not alone in your search and there is an excellent support system out there ready to help you! :)  Good luck on your search!  Marie

1st Surgery: 6/4/03 Open RNY with Dr. Gus Slotman, Cherry Hill, NJ HW:576/SW:540/ LW:345 regain to 420 (net loss of 156 pounds)

2nd Surgery: 6/9/08 Revision RNY to DS Dr. Greenbaum, Willingboro, NJ
SW:423 CW:375 (7/3)
48 pounds lost thanks to the DS!  

cvickers
on 7/3/08 1:12 am
Thanks for replying. I have been reading boards for hours. My insurance does not cover weight loss. I have been reading about Dr. U in Mexico and would like to talk to someone who has used him to find out about pricing and length of stay.
Marie Kruse
on 7/3/08 6:12 am - Pine Hill, NJ
You are most welcome! :)  There are plenty of posters I see on the DS Forum who have used Dr. U! Here's the link... http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/ Don't be shy... introduce yourself, ask your questions, they are a very helpful bunch!  Side note: I had my RNY to DS Revision on June 9th, my pre-surgery weight was 423 acording to his records and today I was 375! Netting a 48 pound loss!!! There's still hope for ALL of us! See you in the other forum!  Marie

1st Surgery: 6/4/03 Open RNY with Dr. Gus Slotman, Cherry Hill, NJ HW:576/SW:540/ LW:345 regain to 420 (net loss of 156 pounds)

2nd Surgery: 6/9/08 Revision RNY to DS Dr. Greenbaum, Willingboro, NJ
SW:423 CW:375 (7/3)
48 pounds lost thanks to the DS!  

Most Active