revision on pouch and stoma

kdsmith
on 7/1/08 8:44 pm - TX
In 24 hours I will be checking into the hospital for surgery.  My pouch has stretched to 500cc and I burp constantly unless I am laying down.  The surgeon is taking out my gallbladder also since it was not taken out in 2001.  I have had some pain even though there are no stones. I have gained 42 pounds over the years, which isn't too bad.  It will be nice to finally stop all this burping and to be slim again.  I'm pretty excited about that.   I am wondering what my recuperation time will be since he will only be working on my pouch.  Has anyone had this procedure?  I still stay in the hopspital from Thursday to Sunday for a leak test.
dndenton
on 8/17/08 12:59 am - Gas City, IN
KD

I have the same trouble. My stoma was dilated 20cm, but my pouch is still in tact. I am almost five years out, and gained about 30ls back, lost 18 of it, and still working on the rest. I would be interested to know how your progress is going. Please keep me posted and good luck on your journey.

~Danielle
kdsmith
on 8/17/08 1:29 am - TX
I had my surgery July 3rd and a stricture repaired July 31st. I am doing great. I have lost 30 lbs. I am so glad I had the revision
Most Active