buh bye 50 BMI !

DLJones
on 7/1/08 2:34 am, edited 7/1/08 2:58 am - Lockhart, TX
OMG!  I'm under a BMI of 50 now!  (it was 53.4 before surgery) The last time I was under 50, it was maybe 10 years ago while I was taking phen fen for a short while.  I had started taking them when I weighed 327 did lose a nice chunk but well, gained it back plus more! I've been losing an average of 2 lbs per day lately (last 4-5 days).  Another 2 gone forever when I stepped on the scales this morning, brining me to a 22 lb loss.  I started at 340 this time around am down to 318.  I'm reminding myself that this 2 lb a day thing will not last forever and will slow down a lot when I get going on pureed, not to mention regular food again.  I try to think (like I just shared w/ you above) of the little milestones of "last time i weighed this was...".   Started at the very minimum (speed and time) on my treadmill late last week and am working my way up a bit every day.  i worry about burn out on it.   the hospital i work at has a fitness center and i have a membership to it for the last 2 years but havent used it in the last 9 months.  i will utilize that when i return to work. have a great day everyone! donna
fortworthgal
on 7/1/08 4:03 am - Fort Worth , TX
Congratulations! I dont get on the board as much as I should. What was your revision?

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

DLJones
on 7/1/08 6:52 am - Lockhart, TX

i had my lap band placed 12-05. i have never really had any restriction w/ the band. and again, literally no restriction. i could eat the house down. my band was at its max and could not have anymore fills. my doctor said that generally all men and women w/ a bmi of over 50 get the larger band. that was me. now was it that the band was too big? dont know. i didnt have a leak anywhere in it. because the band was not effective he said it needed to come out. we discussed a few options. 1) remove the band and leave it at that. 2) exchange the band for the smaller one. 3) remove the band and convert to the bypass. because of my experience w/ the band already, i leaned for option 3.  i do not regret it. 

ginau
on 7/1/08 4:06 am - mesa, AZ
Right on Donna !!  I think you will be pleasantly surprised  how much you will drop in the next few months . Keep it going - your doing great !!!
Most Active