Finally home 1 week post-op

janis C.
on 6/30/08 6:56 am - charlestown, in
Hi  everyone, I'm home from my revision surgery!!  I had to stay in the hospital for a few extra days because my surgery was a little harder than he had expected but all went well  and I am finally home after spending a few days recovering at mommy's house, ha !ha!  I feel really well just tired, healing is going nicely, and I finally got rid of most of the gas!!!  I'm happy with the results so far, I have not been hungry at all, It amazes me.   I just wish I could get my strength back, I feel a little shakey right now but I guess it will pass once I get more protein!!  best wishes to everyone .
Cynthia Johnson
on 6/30/08 7:14 am
Hi there, glad you are home and doing well.  Hope to see more post from you as you work out your journey.  Cynthia
ginau
on 6/30/08 7:21 am - mesa, AZ
Yeah  your home !!!     I bet mom miss's ya.  Give it some time, Healing is a slow process..  just happy to know your doing well .  Any drains come home with ya ??
weightwatcher07
on 6/30/08 8:01 am - Dallas, TX
What type of revision did you have? How long is your recovery suppose to take? Congratulations on a second chance!!!!
mikenfortmill
on 6/30/08 9:39 am - Fort Mill, SC
Glad you are doing well and congratulations on your revision! Take care.... Mike C.
janis C.
on 6/30/08 11:58 am - charlestown, in
thanks for all the kind replies!!  I had surgery last Monday and thought I might go home the next day but because I had scar tissur around my band it took longer to remove than he had expected so my surgery took him about 3 1/2  hours and I must say the first 2 days I sort of felt like I had been trampled on but it has gotten better really fast!!   My revision was from the band to RNY.  I am so glad it is all over!!  I just hope I will do better with this surgery than the last one.  I do feel blessed to have a second chance.   thanks again to everyone,  Janis
fortworthgal
on 7/1/08 4:18 am - Fort Worth , TX
I am getting a revision from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 and my doc also told me one night in the hospital. Im worried about scar tissue around my band! I have had it for 4 years and its never slipped through all the vomiting and even dry heaving I have done over the years which makes me think I might have a lot of scar tissue holding it in place. UGH! But Im glad you are doing well! Hope you weight loss is fast!

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Most Active