Dr. Schlesinger's Patients Please Read

Monique H.
on 6/30/08 3:04 am
I'm in the process of trying to get Dr. Schlesinger to do a revision for me. I live in California and I'm curious if there are any of you out there who has an HMO and was still able to get referred to and have dr. Schlesinger do your surgery? Also I'm curious to know how many trips you had to make to him before your surgery was done. Thank you all in advance.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ginau
on 6/30/08 3:14 am - mesa, AZ
I have Aetna  and  I didnt have much problems getting approved. Call Jenn at the office and  have her call for the Criteria . She is pretty good and speedy at  it .  Doc has been getting people in  within  30 days.  have you talked to him recently ?   he may need a pre surgery consult and  give you the requirements - psych eval, lab test etc..  when completed they send for approval and  schedule you.  Doc is very easy to work with..  just  talk it out with him.
Monique H.
on 6/30/08 3:25 am
I did speak to him and he requested my films from ugi and endoscopy also my labs and operative report. He did say I'll probably need a psych eval. I'm just concerned that since I'm in California that my insurance might not go for it.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
ginau
on 6/30/08 5:44 am - mesa, AZ
Best thing you can do is call ins comp and talk to them , find out criteria  and  tell them what your planning.. this way you wont get any nasty surprise.
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 11:56 am - AZ
I have a HMO thru Healthnet Medicare advantage plan Ruby Plan 2. I am having Dr Schlesinger do my revision on Wednesday. What is the name of your insurance plan ?
S Andrews
on 6/30/08 1:01 pm - eatonville, WA
WOW Dawn!!!  2 more days- that has come really fast. I was supposed to have my psych eval today and totally spaced on it. We have company from Maryland and my daughter was here from Boston this week-end so it has been totally crazy here for me. Still, how could I miss something as important as that?????? You will sure be in my thoughts and prayers. Sharon
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/08 2:52 pm - AZ
Hi Sharon, I have not talked to you in awhile. I am getting very busy. Tomorrow I start my clear liguid diet. Thats a easy one for me. I started the liquid diet June 18. I did pretty good. I did not cheat once. The first 3 days I went nuts. But after that Dr Schlesinger said it will be okay. He was correct. Know I feel very that I trust him now. At first I was scared but I see the delicate wound closure and does a great job. He must of been a seamtress in a previous life. I have a great support system around me and It really helps. I hope inturn I can be the same for someone else. . The for the nices wishes. There will be postings going up for me while I am out. TTYL Dawn
Monique H.
on 7/1/08 6:36 am

Sorry it took so long to respond. I have calers blueshield netvalue it is through the state of california. That is why I wanted to know if anyone who doesn't live in Arizona has an HMO and was still able to go outside of their state and have Dr. Schlesinger do their surgery and insurance still cover it. I'm still trying to go through the process, but the time of not knowing is going to drive me crazy. I've had my operative report sent to the dr. for review, but if this isn't going to work I wanted to also be moving forward and finding another doctor in Ca who would be willing to take me on as a patient and submit to have insurance pay for it with me not being two years out from surgery. Any help would be appreciated.

ShielaC.
on 7/3/08 4:31 pm
Most Active