Monmouth ROSE update - personal message from Dr G

littleguy
on 6/30/08 12:13 pm
I appreciate your concern and accept your appologies. we are both in agreement that there are a lot of docs out there offering false hope and charging them for procedures that dont work. Stoma**** a prime example. That is why 1) we havent charged anybody any money so far, and have only done patients under the registry.  This serves two purposes.   a) to offer people who could not afford something like this a second chance. and believe me when i tell you they have to get past The MMC bariatric dept  which is multidisciplinary, so they are clear that the ROSE is just a tool to use, and not to soley depend on it     and b) we can collect the 3, 6 , and 9 mt data to hopefully show it worked.  The initial reported "successes" were procedural successes. Given the fact that the equipment is still under development and using the tools   to perform the ROSE is extremely diffcult, and techniquely challenging, and there had been some failures at other sites,  combined with  the fact that we got such good initial pouch and stoma  reduction ( something stomphyx could never do) is the first success. Not a weight loss success, but a success none the less.  I agree that the one month data is skewed towards a liquid diet, but the 3 mt data which is more realistic is looking very promising 2) we do not plan to market this procedure until we have at least 6 mts of data including repeat endoscopies showing lasting plications.  In the mean time the company is hard at work trying to perfect the equipment.  I think you mistook enthusiasm for a procedure we think has promise,  for promotion , which is not the intention.  Beiieve me when I say my practice and Dr Borao's is doing well enough because of our integrity, skill,  and work ethic that we dont have to be involved in this for money.  Littleguy will keep you updated as the data comes in. Dr G
patsy13215
on 7/1/08 12:59 pm - syracuse, NY
Hi Dr. G and Littleguy; Thanks again for being awesome! How did your last few procdedures go today?Hope all is well.We will still try to get our 3 month endo at your office. Donna said she would let us know on Friday..Be well. Patsy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 7/11/08 11:41 pm - Knoxville, TN

HI I havent been here for a while have had alot of personal issues going on and other medical problems with fluid retention ....having that resolved or at least I think it is resolved ...I have still maintained the 23 lb original weightloss and am now losing again ....for a total of -25-26 lbs since April 23rd I go for my 3 month Scope on the 23rd of this month and hopefully since i am losing again after the issues with the fluid ...I will have lost even more ... I had my ROSE procedure done in Georgetown KY.  with Dr Weiss (Bluegrass Bariatrics) at Georgetown Community Hospital and they are WONDERFUL ... Goodluck everyone that has had this procedure ... I will update the results of my Scope when i get them. 

Cheryl

patsy13215
on 7/12/08 6:33 am - syracuse, NY

hiHi HI CHERYL; I was wondering how things were going with you.I am glad that you are okay..Good luck on your followup endo... please keep us posted.. patsy 

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/09 9:40 am - San Diego, CA
It is so refreshing to see that this procedure was a success for you.  I really feel this is the best option for me but there is so much negativity about it on this site.  What's strange is that every single clinical  study report I have read on the ROSE procedure is fabulous and the results have been great.  So, why the bad rap I wonder?  I know Stomaphyx also has a bad rap but I believe the bad results are due to the fact that only 1/2 the problem is fixed...the stoma...but isn't the pouch just as much if not more of a key player is this arena?

CONGRATS on your success. :)
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/08 5:04 am
Most Active