Not doing to good, please pray for me.

M. Hall
on 6/25/08 10:26 am - Norcross, GA
Not to scare anyone but I just wanted to know if anyone has gone thru this. I had surgery on the 17th, Erny plus a smaller stomach and stomach. He even put a band around it for more restriction. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days because I had a partially collapsed lung, my stoma was so swollen that when I did the swallow test, the barium completely stopped for the first 2 tests. However it did get and I was released with a drainage tube. Since Sunday nothing has drained so I called my Doc and he told me to come into the office. He removed the tube and puss immediately began to come out (alot). He then put a catheter in so that it could continue to drain. By the time I got home my shirt was saturated. I was also in pain from the tube being pulled out and the catheter didnt seem like it was in right. I took my pain med and went to sleep. Well when I woke up the catheter had come out and there was no more puss coming out. I called the Doc and he told me if its still draining go to the ER, if not take the infection pills he gave me. So I would like to know if anyone has gone thru this or any advice you can give.  
darnell239
on 6/25/08 10:35 am - Columbia, SC
I"m sorry to hear about all the problems.  I hope that things start improving with your surgery situation soon.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I go under the knife July 10th.
M. Hall
on 6/26/08 5:21 am - Norcross, GA
Thank you Darnell and good luck to you on your surgery.
patsy13215
on 6/25/08 10:40 am - syracuse, NY
GOOD LUCK to both of you. patsy
ginau
on 6/25/08 2:40 pm - mesa, AZ
Oh No !!    That is a downer ,,, Does he have you hot compressing the area ?  That did seem to help me with my first rny procedure..  Better to drain  than not to drain .... My drain was in for 10 days and  still a little active when Dr took it out ...   when do you go back to see him ?  
M. Hall
on 6/26/08 5:25 am - Norcross, GA
Hey Gina, yes it is a downer, I go to see him on next Wednesday. He called me this morning to check on me. He told me to keep talking my antibiotic and check my temp and if anything else arises, I must go to the ER. Today I must say that I feel GOOD. A little swollen from them yanking that dam drainage tube out. Other than that my incision is still a little sore and there is still no more drainage. Thats the main thing that I was worried about. But thank you for all your concerns. I will let you know how it goes.
AphY Girl
on 6/25/08 11:37 pm
Sorry you are going through all of this... may I ask who is your revision doctor?  You are my 'neighbor' and I wanted to see if we might be seeing the same doc. I would go to the ER - but that is just me... draining is a GOOD thing... means the bad stuff is coming out and not building up inside you.
ALABAMA
on 6/26/08 12:11 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
I'm sorry you are having this problem with you drainage tube.  I would go to the emergency room . 
M. Hall
on 6/26/08 5:33 am - Norcross, GA
Hey Emily, My Doc is Celio Burrowes he is the  Director Of Bariactric Surgery down at Atlanta Medical Center. And thank you for all your advice and support.
Hondurian Queen
on 6/26/08 3:34 am - BOSTON, MA
I AM PRAYING ALL WILL TURN AROUND FOR YOU AND I BELIEVE IT WILL

Most Active