ROSE procedure questions

debih001
on 6/25/08 8:18 am - Canoga Park, CA

Hi everyone -  I just learned about the ROSE procedure - thanks to OH.com!  I have regained 60 lbs.  Is that enough to qualify?  I'm pushing 200 lbs.  And is it generally covered by insurance?  What is the weight loss like?  Is it like when I first had my Rny? I contacted the surgeon that my insurance is associated with yesterday.  I sent my paperwork in, and they will review and get back to me.  I'd like to have as much info as possible going in.  Maybe I;m not a candidate for a complete "revision" but maybe I can have the ROSE procedure.

patsy13215
on 6/25/08 10:53 am - syracuse, NY
hi Deb; There are a few sites that you can GOOGLe about the rose procedure. Google ROSE and you will see RESTORATIVE OBESITY SURGERY ENDOLUMENAL {ROSE} SEMINAR LOCATION.. ALSO SCROLL DOWN AND YOU WILL SEE MONMOUTH MEDICAL CENTER PERFORMS NEW INCISIONLESS PROCEDURE. AT THIS POINT IT IS JUST IN CLINICAL TRIAL STATUS IN MOST PLACES...LITTLEGUY IS THE MAN TO ASK ROSE QUESTIONS TO. HE IS EXCELLENT .I SEE THAT YOU ALSO ASKED FOR THE ABCS OF REVISION BY DR. SCHLESINGER.HE IS ALSO GREAT ABOUT REVISION QUESTIONS..GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!! PATSY
debih001
on 6/26/08 2:03 am - Canoga Park, CA

Thanks Patsy.  I actually made an appt with the surgeon that did my gall bladder (he was a partner at the hospital where I had my RnY done and does WLS) and I see him on the 16th of July.  I'm really hoping to do either ROSE or Stomaphyx -- I had sooooo many complications post op (several years post op, but complications from WLS nevertheless), and I still have quite a bit of pain -- and I'm hoping that (a) insurance will see fit to cover it and (b) I don't want to go thru another round of being fileted in an OR.....

Most Active