Rose Procedure Complete!

cmr3399
on 6/24/08 10:08 pm - Bayville, NJ
Hi all....     Well had my procedure yesturday.....Feeling pretty good over all except the horrible feeling of something being stuck in my throat...but that should go away shortly as I continue on with my sips....All in all eveything went smoothly...and cant want to see how things progress.....off for my borning broth......yuuuummmmmm..... XOXOXOXO Christine......
mikenfortmill
on 6/25/08 12:33 am - Fort Mill, SC
Hello Christine.. Congratulations! I hope your sore throat feels better soon!  I am having mine on July 15th.   I have to start the liquid diet on July 1st. for two weeks... so, I will be doing the broth thing too... hahaha!!  You take care and keep us posted... Best wishes..  MIke
cmr3399
on 6/25/08 3:38 am - Bayville, NJ
 Thanks Mike...kind words make it so much easier to heal .   But of luck!!!!!  And YOU keep us poster too!!!!
patsy13215
on 6/25/08 11:04 am - syracuse, NY
Hi Mike.So glad you are going for the rose.A good friend of mine in charlotte had your dr. also for her bypass 2 years ago....Good luck and keep us informed. we will have to have a reunion down the road sometime.....be well patsy
patsy13215
on 6/25/08 11:02 am - syracuse, NY
HI CHRISTINE; Hope your throat is feeling better..My throat really hurt for a few days also.So lad you are doing okay. a bunch of us had our 1st followups today and all went well.We will be going back to have our 3 month endoscopy in August.Maybe we can have a reunion..Keep us posted!!!! patsy
mlpandbaby
on 6/25/08 2:51 pm
Christine,   Yeah, Im so excited for you.  Take things slow, and you will do fine.  Chicken broth my favorite..lol   All us ROSE people need to keep in touch and keep up the great support.  Keep us posted...Michelle
cmr3399
on 6/26/08 7:27 am - Bayville, NJ
Hi ladies....thank you soooo very much for your support....It really helps a BUNCH.....Glad you are doing sooooo well...That makes the future look even better for me....keep in touch DEFINATELY!!! Christine
smile750
on 7/2/08 9:57 am, edited 7/2/08 10:05 am - Bridgewater, NJ
Hi Christine, Going tomorrow for my pre op testing at Monmouth for my rosE procedure next Tuesday 7/8. Was your procedure in the morning?  Mine is schedule for 7 a.m. - I'm curious about how long you're in the hospital before you're discharged (trying to make arrangements for my kids to be picked up at daycare if my husband is to drive me home from the hospital). Oh - one more thing.  I noticed in the earlier posts that Mike from SC has to be on liquids before his surgery - did you do that?  I'll see Donna tomorrow but thought I could get some insight before I go. Jen
cmr3399
on 7/2/08 11:29 am - Bayville, NJ

HI JEN          Lets see...I was the first of the day. Got to Monmouth @ 6 was in th OR by 730, was out of the OR by 10 or so I'm guessing and was on my way home by 300.    I didn't have to do clear liquids the day before.... just nothing to eat or drink after midnight.... It's just clear liquids for a week after, yada yadda yadda ...you know the deal... I started my full liquids today...boy 3 oz of cream of broccoli soup  and 3 oz of carb control fat free choc milk never tasted so good....giggle..still sticking with mainly isopure,  they make an iced tea that is to die for and it kills my jones for the real thing, with the plus of the added 40gs of protien..... To give you a little extra boost, I stepped on the scale this AM and I am down 15lbs from the day of surgery....I was so excited I headed to the gym this evening for a great yoga/pilates class.. Best of luck .....you will be in my prayers.....Keep me posted and KEEP IN TOUCH....its good to see how eachother is going along the same journey.. Christine

'Nothing Tastes as good as THIN FEELS!"

patsy13215
on 7/2/08 11:41 am - syracuse, NY
christine;you aredoing great.Keep up the great work....Patsy
Most Active