SO CLOSE TO THE ROSE.....YET,

Ada M.
on 6/24/08 10:39 am
Revision on 11/26/12

I'm not a candidate.  After a long trip ( I had to go through New York because NJ flights were cancelled) to Monmouth, and the most wonderful reception ever, the endoscope reveiled my pouch was to small for the ROSE procedure. It did reveil that my stoma was enlarged but I have to seek something else for that.  The nutritionist at Dr. Borao's office was really personable and we laughed a lot while getting reaquainted with my eating habits and Dr. Gorcey was so upbeat.  He was really hoping I would be a candidate.  Going in to get the endoscopy, I heard music and discussions about fast cars.  It was all so light-hearted and I felt completely at ease.  Even when Dr. Gorcey had to give me the news he did it in such a way that I left the office feeling that there was still hope. For all of you who are lucky to be a candidate and are seeking this procedure you can't go wrong with the Guys at Monmouth.  You will be treated very well and from what I hear it seems their patients are doing well so far.  I wish I could 've been one of those patients. :(

patsy13215
on 6/24/08 12:53 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Ada;I amsorry you are not a candidate for the Rose.I am on the ROSE clinical trial also through Monmouth.Dr. Borao and Dr. Gorcey are so awesome..They are truly committed to helping people with whatever problems they have.I have my first followup tomorrow and hope to be down 15- 20 pounds. My procedure was 4 weeks ago today..Good luck to you and keep us posted....Patsy
Most Active