ROSE Procedure 7/15

mikenfortmill
on 6/24/08 5:41 am - Fort Mill, SC
Just wanted to say Congratulations to all having revisions! I hope each of you do well!! I have been a pproved to have the ROSE revision on July 15th! I am very excited and can't wait! I had my original RNY on Aug. 2nd. 2004... Lost a good bit, but have gained some back.  Test showed my Stoma to big and the pouch stretched some too... my surgeon will put pleats in both the pouch and stoma, and I hope to get back to losing some weight!  I have heard a sore throat is expected after the procedure... but I can handle that... I had my tonsils out in 2004... and believe me.. that hurt like HECK!!! I also have to begin the two weeks liquid diet on July first.... that is the tough part... but I did it once, and will do it again!!!  BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!! Mike
justjudy
on 6/24/08 5:50 am - Canton, MI
The sore throat from intubation was my biggest irritant after lap band, but well worth the discomfort.  Good luck with your ROSE.

Judy

mikenfortmill
on 6/24/08 7:14 am - Fort Mill, SC
Thanks for the note... Hope you will do well with the Lapband... and am sure you will... Take care! Mike
Doesn't Matter
on 6/24/08 6:14 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12

Mike, Congratulations on the ROSE!  I have been approved and am having it done on July 16th!  Where are you having yours done?  Mine will be in Portland, OR, but I haven't been given any information other than that.  They just said that they will mail a surgery packet to me. I had RNY in 2001, lost about 110 lbs. and have gained back 90 lbs. Linda

mikenfortmill
on 6/24/08 7:17 am - Fort Mill, SC
Thanks Linda... so we will be close together for the procedure.  Mine is being done in Charlotte, NC.  I have a wonderful surgeon and his staff is excellent... I know I am in good hands!  I go for a pre-op visit on July 3rd. where he will go over the procedure in more detail... so I am excited about that as well....  Please keep in touch... and I will as well.... GOOD LUCK!!!  Mike C.
patsy13215
on 6/24/08 12:59 pm - syracuse, NY
hi All; Hope you all have good luck on your journey.I am in the Rose clinical trial and have been feeling good. I had it 4 weeks ago today and have my first followup tomorrow..So far so good. Good luck to you all. Patsy
mikenfortmill
on 6/25/08 12:30 am - Fort Mill, SC
Thanks for sharing with us Patsy! I hope your follow up appt. goes well.... Please keep us posted!  Take care.... Mike
darnell239
on 6/25/08 7:03 am - Columbia, SC
HI Mike, I thought Dr. Voellinger was doing the stomaphx procedure?  Is he now doing this procedure also? and is your insurance paying for this?
Most Active