question about insurance

tulagirl
on 6/23/08 10:58 am - Schenectady, NY
I am in the process of researching a revision.  I have an appointment with a surgeon in July.  I had my RNY in 2002 and have gained back 80 pounds.  I had my surgery in Iowa and now live in New York.  The insurance company said it is a once a lifetime beneift.  Does it matter that I had my surgery and another insurance company paid for it?   My BMI is back over 40,  I am well over 100 pounds over weight and have some medical problems creeping back up on me.   I had a Upper GI that showed my stoma is large and everything goes right through withou filling up the pouch.  Today I started eating only one cup of food per meal with the majority of it being protein and started to try to get back on track.  I figured if I can show the surgeon I am serious about it that might help my case when I go in.   Any one know anything about this.
Cynthia Johnson
on 6/23/08 2:59 pm
Hi, I had the Gastric RNY bck in 2003 Atena paid for the procedure.  I now have BCBS and was approved for the revision for the ERNY.. E= extended. Each ins. co. has it's own criteria please check with them and if a go go for it. Cynthia
Most Active