Failed VBG now considering DS Any thoughts or advice?

isaiah54mom
on 6/23/08 2:35 am - bartlesville, OK
Hi, thanks for the reply. I love your blog!!! I went to the ASBS website and found a center of excellence in Kansas only 160 miles from me! I am waiting for a call back from the nurse. they have 2 surgeons that do revisions so I have to ask what do they do. A Lot of surgeons do the RNY after a VBG. I am determined to get a DS. I have been morbidly - super obese all my life. I really want to live a little before I leave here. I really appreciated all your honesty. I cannot imagine sitting at a booth comfortably. I went to dinner with some friends the other Sunday. I was kinda lagging behind and they asked the server for a booth. I was so embarrassed. I waited to squeeze in at the end. Half my stomach was on top of the table and half under.My butt was hanging off too. I really could not eat because it hurt so bad. I was riding with someone else and they sat there for 2 hours. I was so glad to get out of there. I cannot stand this any longer. I have to add one thing to your list. I want to get on a airplane and not ask for a seatbelt extender!!! Anyway thanks for posting a reply.
Steph anie
on 6/23/08 9:04 am - Denton, TX
Check out Dr. Stewart in Denton (North Central) Texas. He does revisions. Here is his website: http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/ I hope this helps in your journey. Steph

HW 318/ SW 308/ CW 116/ GW 125 (updated 11/11/09)

Follow my journey at:  http://savoringmyjourney.wordpress.com/

Get all the facts at www.DSfacts.com.  

Century Club 03/27/09    Onderland 04/15/09 Goal Met: 02/26/10

Marie Kruse
on 6/26/08 12:41 am - Pine Hill, NJ
Hi Jo! I just wanted to let you know that the recommendation to visit the Duodenal Switch forum here on OH is a wise one! There are MANY Revision people there who desire the DS or have already had it done. I'm a relatively new Revision patient from a RNY of 5 years ago to the DS on 6/9/08 and have found a great system of support and information there!  The most important thing I can suggest to you, since you don't have anyone who is in your "backyard", is do ALOT of research on the surgeon! Revisions are the most risky procedures out there and you definitely want a doctor who is highly experienced WITH REVISIONS and who also comes recommended from your peers. There is a definite limit to the number of surgeons out there who do revisions and even more of a limit to those that revise to the DS, it would be a shame to put your time, energy and emotion into the preparations for a surgeon who will not do what you have in mind. Call the offices, ask the right questions... I wish you the best of luck on your search! :)

1st Surgery: 6/4/03 Open RNY with Dr. Gus Slotman, Cherry Hill, NJ HW:576/SW:540/ LW:345 regain to 420 (net loss of 156 pounds)

2nd Surgery: 6/9/08 Revision RNY to DS Dr. Greenbaum, Willingboro, NJ
SW:423 CW:375 (7/3)
48 pounds lost thanks to the DS!  

Jay Park
on 6/29/08 10:59 pm, edited 6/29/08 11:03 pm - MO
Most Active