revision question

AutumnBreeze
on 6/22/08 2:11 am - GA
A friend sent me a link about a revision surgery being done in California but now I can't find the link. It was done by a doctor in either San Diego or San Franisco and involves a camera being inserted through the mouth and the surgery being completed this way rather than an actual incision or laparoscopic surgery again.  Any one know anything about this? Is it being done every where or new and still just on the west coast? Thanks any info appreciated. Tami
ginau
on 6/22/08 2:53 am - mesa, AZ
sounds like the Rose procedure ???
Kathy B.
on 6/22/08 9:27 am - East Windsor, CT
Could also be the ReStore procedure, or stomaphyx.
Zena Romy
on 6/22/08 12:28 pm - Canada
Hi Tami, I think you are referring to the Stomaphyx - where they make your pouch smaller and tighter again.  IT is being done by Dr.Julie Ellner at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego. Please research it, though.  This Stomaphyx is new is the USA but much older in Europe.  It DOESN'T last.  The staples fall out and the pouch will stretch again AND FASTER. Most European clinics now suggest a lap band over top of the RNY as you can keep adjusting it as necessary. Good luck in your choice! Zena
pepsi98
on 6/22/08 8:06 pm - Norwich, CT
Zena, Do you have any web site or anything that addresses your statement about the European clinics suggesting a band over bypass?  I'm curious because that is what I'm looking into. Thanks!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

ShielaC.
on 6/22/08 1:50 pm
Check out Dr. Overcash in Florida. Stomaphyz is being done all over US now, but he is suppose to have the most experience with it. Also Dr. Garber in NY. Someone on this board just had it in Boston and now she's getting a lap band over RNY. May be you can find her post's.
AphY Girl
on 6/23/08 12:50 am
Or StomaphyX that Dr Smith does here in GA. http://www.advancedobesitysurgery.com/
Most Active