losing too much?

freeagain
on 6/23/08 3:15 pm - Danville, CA
JR: I was thrilled to read your post on your weight issue of loosing to much. I had my surgery RNY 3-1-07 I was 5 foot 2 and 233. I am today 112 and told I had a eating disorder. I have not been able to eat much. Very small portions. Very healthy eating because I was unable to handle any animals meats after my surgery so became a vegeterian.  My doctor wants to admit me to an inpatient eating clinic. I want to try to tackle this on my own.  I was told that 1% of gastric patients have this trouble of not being able to stop the weight loss. If I do the math thats 10 patients in 1000. So I guess I am the first person this has happened to.  It would be great to find someone else to share my isue with so that I do not feel so alone.  Lisa....
charleston-mom
on 6/24/08 1:18 am
Wow - this is so surprising to me. I'm 5'2-1'2 and am currently at 126 and my goal weight is 110. I started out very similar to you in weight. I'm supposed to get down to 110 to guard against rebound so that I end up long-term at 115-120. Why does he feel 112 is too low? That actually sounds about right for your height, but I don't know what your frame is. I've been told 100 pounds for 5' and then 5 pounds more for ea*****h over that.
freeagain
on 6/24/08 3:43 am - Danville, CA
Thank god someone hears me. I have a very small frame. I always have had a small bone type frame. I hit 109 and wearing a size 0. look horrid and afraid of gaining weight. The reason they say I need to get to an eating facility ASAP. my blood work looks fine. I am torn its 35,000 to get to an eating facility and I am afraid of that to. Anyone that has now been told they are anorexic Please let me know. Lisa 
charleston-mom
on 6/24/08 6:20 am, edited 6/24/08 6:20 am
I hear you! I'm in a size 4 (6 in somethings) and imagine I will be a 2 or so when I get to goal, but I have a very small frame too. My daughters are both around 105-110 at about 5'2" as well (although they're young and they look great). I think as we get older, we sometimes look better with a "little" extra, but I admit fully I don't want much extra. I'll keep you in my prayers. What about just some counseling and getting with a nutritionist to put on 5 or 10 pounds rather than the 35,000 thing?

If your bloodwork is fine - who is telling you this - it is your doctor?
freeagain
on 6/24/08 1:44 pm - Danville, CA
I had my blood work drawn last night. Everything is perfect. Its my internest that is saying its a disorder along with a therapist I have been seeing since surgery.  There saying this because I was one told not to do the gastric surgery to deal with the comfort food issue first. I did the RNY then 9 months later had breast lift and augmentation and tummy tuck. Then in March Idid the arms and a butt life. Now very thin and they are telling me its still an eating disorder whether your thin or heabvy. i do have a fear of gaining back weight at two friends of mine have hand rny and gained back weight. i refuse to do this so have a mind set which they think is warped. Weight charts show I am fine however I believe weight loss patients look thinner because we have way less fat consummed and stored. I also have lost muscle mass even with the proper 62 grams of protein each day.  I saw a nutritionist today that set me up on 1200 calories vegetarian diet. She wants to get me to 1400. So.....I have sought out a therapist that deals with eating disorder with continue with my Phy...MD and my interest. My gastric doctor follows you for a year and releases you to your primary doctor plus she doesn't want to deal with me and an eating issue. She just does surgery.  I would love to hear if others are in my boat and how they over come these issues. I know every rny patient must worry about weight gain. Lisa
Most Active