Your experiences?

Kathy B.
on 6/21/08 8:51 am - East Windsor, CT
I am scheduled for a fistula repair, stoma opening reduction and removal of 1/3 of my stomach with Dr. David Lautz at Brigham & Women's in Boston, MA.  I'd love to hear from anyone else who has had a revision with him - you experiences, good and bad.  Thanks in advance Kathy B. Revision 7/14/08
NeedhamGal
on 6/21/08 11:24 am - MA
Hey Kathy, I have been a patient of Doc Lautz since 2004.  I had a band..and I have a leaksomewhere so I have opted for a conversion to Rny.   There are lots of people who have rny to rny revisions with him and he also recommended by other bariatric docs for his revision and surgical work. Just email me and I 'de be happy to tell you whatever you want. Were you referred from Connecticut up to Boston?  Joan
Kathy B.
on 6/22/08 9:16 am - East Windsor, CT
Hi Joan, Thanks for responding.  No, I found Dr. Lautz because of the ReStore clinical trial - I was trying to find an answer to my weight gain, looked on the revision board, and found out about a study.  I originally went to Yale, and had Dr. Bell, who is a very talented laparoscopic surgeon, and I had NO COMPLICATIONS at all!  Until now.  Check out my profile for a full explanation - I uploaded one yesterday. Dr. Lautz was a part of the ReStore clinical trial, and I really liked him.  I did not end up qualifying for the trial because of the fistula - otherwise, I was a GREAT candidate.  Anyhow, I learned then that he has a lot of experience with revisions, and I know it is very difficult to find someone who has done a lot of revisions, not that many in the country.  I feel very fortunate to have found him, and to be able to get a repair with him.  The patients in his office waiting room just raved and raved about how wonderful he is.  I believe them, but I'm just curious as to others experiences, etc.  I'm sure you understand, I'm going through something that I have never heard of before, so its great to be able to possibly chat with others that have gone through it. God Bless, Kathy B.
NeedhamGal
on 6/23/08 10:32 am - MA
Hi..I read your profile.   Kind of like it is meant to be in Boston for You! I wish you well.. You are in good hands. Joan
Most Active