Aetna Insurance

ArielSanders
on 6/21/08 1:20 am - houston, TX
Aetna tells you what to do for WLS/Revision. What they don't tell is how many time I must meet with Nurtritionist or PCP within the 3 month interdisplinary period. Is it once or 3? It would help to know. Anyone whose dealt with Aetna please inform. Thanks much cuz I'm seriously leaning to Mexico!
ginau
on 6/21/08 5:05 am - mesa, AZ
They approved my surgery! I had the criteria right off the website, took it to my  Surgeon and they drafted the letter, they requested more info and once they had it -- I started calling.. every day  till I spoke with the Underwriter ... pled my case and 6 hrs later got the phone call from the Underwriter  that I was approved ...  I think their underwriters are in Cali -- not sure how many they have that review for bypass surgery.
Kristin24
on 6/22/08 8:17 pm - NY
RNY on 05/05/08 with
I have Aetna.  They said either a 3 month supervised diet with the surgeon or 6 months with your PCP.  My surgeon's office had me come in once every month.  There really wasn't any "supervised" diet my surgeon just wanted me to lose 15 lbs.  A lot of insurance company's want you to lose 10% of your weight but Aetna just had the 3 month thing.  Before approving they asked for clarification of the supervised diet which the office sent in and within 48 hours I had an approval.   Kristin
Amelie722
on 6/23/08 1:07 pm - KY
I have Aetna too. It's three monthly visits with Nutritionist, monitored exercise (did mine with a PT) and a psych eval. If you go on their website you can search for the weight loss surgery policy. It's about 30 pages and I think has language about revision as well. Make certain you get documented weights from each year for the past three years. The policy didn't ask for that but after surgeon's office submitted last week, the reviewer came back with that request today. So PCP's office is getting that together. My co-worker had all of her stuff submitted on a Friday and found out on the following monday she was approved!!! I guess my luck is that I got a picky reviewer. Makes me crazy because if I get approved quickly, my surgery date is likely July 9th or 11th depending on the other surgeries scheduled that day. Good luck with your process. Hope you get the quick reviewer.
McStef66
on 6/24/08 12:14 am - Katy, TX
I didn't have to do any of that, I went through Neweigh and I was approved in about 2 weeks. Best of luck to you!
Most Active