Pre-op Scare!!

janiscaldwel
on 6/20/08 6:17 am - charlestown, IN
Well I just had to get this off my chest!!  Today I am at home packing for my surgery on Monday when I get a call from my surgeons office telling me that my Dr. wants to see me as soon as I can get to his office, they need to discuss my pre-op labs with me.  Well I get ready and head to his office just knowing they are going to  cancel my surgery!  When I get to his office they take me right in to see him and he comes in to discuss that My white count is elevated, (which it always is)  I  have been checked by a hematologist and I just have an elevated count, anyway , he is a little concerned that I may have an errosion of the band since the white count is elevated and he just wantd me to know that if when he gets in there  if  it is  he could not do the bypass, he would have to remove the band and then let me heal before he could do the by-pass.  He does'nt think that it will happen but he said that he did not want me to come out from surgery thinking I had the by-pass and then finding out that he wasn't able to do it.  He really thinks things will be fine but he thought it was only fair to me to give me warning so I would'nt be shocked if their was a problem.   I have not had any signs of an errosion so he does'nt think it will happen but he did'nt feel right not telling me4 what could happen.        Any way he told me he would see me Monday and he was going to do everything to ensure that I have a successful surgery, he also told me that he is going to leave me a little extra long so I will have better weight loss, I told him I waned to  be a ravishing beauty next year  when I have my one year check up and he was so nice to tell me that I already was one but he was going to help me to feel better about myself, I think he is such a great man and surgeon, I have complete faith in him, and his abilities!~!!  he is a very skilled laproscopic surgeon.   Nerves are very raw right now but I know that I am doing what is right for me!!!  thanks for listening  I wish you all well.  Janis
Arizonadck
on 6/20/08 9:35 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Janis, What a scare!  If you always have a high white count then there's nothing to be worried about!  Hopefully he'll get in there and be able to remove the band and do the bypass!  I wish you all the best!  Have a great weekend - think positive - I'll be praying for you on Monday!  Carolyn
pepsi98
on 6/20/08 9:53 am - Norwich, CT
It sounds like you are in great hands!!!  Your MD seems like a very caring and competant man!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

NeedhamGal
on 6/21/08 11:29 am - MA
Hi Janis Hope Monday goes as planned.  I'm another one who is going band to Rny. Good Luck. Joan
janiscaldwel
on 6/21/08 12:24 pm - charlestown, IN
Thanks Joan!!  I just got home from my last old meal!!  never to be had in those quanities again!!!  I went to TGI Fridays and really enjoyed myself, I am now getting prepared for the big clean out tomorrow,  It should be a fun day!!  Ha Ha !  I feel like thingts will be just fine with my surgery I explained to my Dr. that I was having some dental work done and I have been having a problem with one tooth, Even though they have done a root canal on it it still had a small pocket of infection at the base of where they put the little spikes in the tooth, When they took the last Xray of my tooth the Dentist told me that he wanted to wait and see if it would resolve itself for a few months before either pulling or going back in to work on the tooth, he thinks it may heal on its own given a little time so I am thinking that is why my white count was a little elevated.  Thanks for the kind words and keepme in your thoughts and prayers please on Monday!!    Janis
Most Active