How to deal with this thing called DEPRESSION

Azskyprincess
on 6/19/08 9:58 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
2 weeks ago things started going down hill for me I am so happy that I am at goal you would think I would be walking on water...but I cry for NO reason I am mean to my family and I just want to live in my own little world I even stopped coming on here 20 times a day..I am 45 my friend said I might be facing menopause...ever since I had RNY my PMS has been off the charts..My daughter took me shopping and to lunch today and I stil cried even while shopping ...please is this just a normal part of all of the hormone changes I am facing with RNY ...Thanks ...Lisa
m.espoir
on 6/19/08 12:27 pm - NJ
Lisa, please dont be afraid to make an appt with you primary doc, go in, and tell him/her these things. There are medications that will help you, even if it ends up being temporary! Dont wait like I did living with severe anxiety for 2 years making myself sick everyday. You might try a few before you find the one for you, but the few months it will take will be WORTH it.... then again the first one you try could do the trick too! GOod luck, pls call the doc
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

Azskyprincess
on 6/19/08 12:35 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
I made one for Wed thats as soon as soon as my plane lands...I am already on Xanex but that aint cuttin it ...looking back I have been on the edge for weeks...just the tinyest thing sends me into a tail spin...thanks Lisa
JRinAZ
on 6/19/08 2:23 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Lisa! Need a shoulder?  What's up with you sweetie pie?  Oh my gosh!  No one should be going out shopping with tears going on!!!!............We all tend to blame our WLS on many things in our life......If your labs are fine and your health is fine then maybe you need to just meet me at the gym for a good kick boxing class!  What do ya think?........Let me know if I can help!!!!  ........If you're in Phoenix  this weekend, we're having a WLS Botox party!!!!  Free food!  Free hand treatments, lip treatments and facials and Botox is only $8.00 a unit!!!!  Give me a call at work and I'll put you on the list!!!  480.991.6877      
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Azskyprincess
on 6/19/08 2:52 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Thank's Joyce yes I do need a shoulder ...on the brite side of things I knew that it was time to ask for help...I lost my weight so fast and part of me thinks that I really do miss the old Lisa...she was a BIG part of my life...my friends treat me so differant now ...they are big girls also..who are on every diet in the world to try to prove to me that I made a big mistake...funny I dont see it that way I feel great it just is going to take time for me to find the new Lisa from a size 22 to a 4 in 5 mo's was a shock even I was not prepared for that one...I will be flying all weekend...I get back into PHX on Wed and my first stop is my fav PCP ( yes I keep my Dr's in AZ) The shrink who did my Eval warned me that there might come a time would things might get a bit rough I guess he was right..please let me know next time your going to do the botox party thing I would have loved to have been in town for that ..My daughter the RN took me shopping today said I needed a makeover ...she has really been trying hard to cheer me up...right after lunch she told me that she was going back to school in the fall ...and handed me the letter..OUCH Medical School...I am very proud of her..good thing I guess every family should have a Dr in the family...Thanks for letting me vent..Lisa
EmeraldDaisy
on 6/24/08 11:14 am
You go girl with that weight loss! I'm excited for you. I'm sorry you are facing depression, it sucks. I've also been struggling with it but I finally started seeing a therapist. That has helped a lot. You might be helped if you talk to someone. It couldn't hurt anyway.  My therapist recommended the book Feeling Good by David Burns I have found it to be very helpful so far. I recognized so much of myself in it. It is pretty cheap on Amazon so it's easy to get. I hope you feel better soon.
dndenton
on 8/17/08 1:16 am - Gas City, IN
Lisa:

I agree with one of your posters. I hope that you have visited your PCP, informed them of your condition, and taking some anxiety/anti-depressant meds. I experienced the same thing after losing the weight. I felt that I should be happy, but wasn't sleeping very well, and wasn't handling emotion/stress at all. I was agitated most of the time, and stayed to myself. Luckily, at my job I was surrounded by counselors who saw the change, and told me that I may be depressed. I was in shock, because usually I am a happy go lucky person. At any rate, after the weight loss, I realized that I hadn't dealt with past problems/issues that happened in my life. Because I wasn't focusing on the weight all the other issues came to the forefront. The truth is that when we become so focused on losing weight, we put our other issues on the back burner. You always had the potential of being depressed, but never faced it. Now you don't have a chocie because your body/mind is reacting to things that you haven't dealt with.

I hope this helps and gives you some kind of insight. Basically, you are not crazy and I hope that your meds/readjustment of meds are helping you to relax, handle issues, and focus on totally healthy you---emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.

God bless.

~Danielle
Most Active