How long do you fail at the lap band before revision is an option

helloitsme
on 6/22/08 10:17 pm - anywhere, TX
Well folks, I'm home! I feel great. The fist day wasn't so good, but the second day was 75% better and I expect to be 100% better today. I need to start on protien shakes and I am sipping away on water all day and through the night. Thanks so much fo wishing me well last week. I hope to be as sucessful at this as some of you have been. Wish me luck in loosing.
brandyII
on 6/23/08 4:27 am
Glad to hear you're home and doing well so far!  Worry about your recovery right now that weight loss will come too!  Take care brandyII.
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

CLemperle
on 6/23/08 7:03 am - CA
Congrats on the surgery!  I have the same issues going on too.  I am more than discouraged but you all have given me so much hope.  I have been throwing up for years and I have no liquid and I too am almost at my high weight.  I lost 60 lbs on the band but it is back with me.  So...I have my surgery for band out and bypass on Aug. 8th.  I would love to continue to connect with you all on how your progress is.  What is the diet like when you get out? P.S. how do we post pics up on our profile pic.  I got them in album...but can't seem to get it on the front page...errrgggg.   Cristy
brandyII
on 6/23/08 8:24 am
Cristy, Congrats on getting your date for removal/revision.  I don't see my surgeon until 8/22 which happens to be my one year anniversary and I'm not really sure how to approach the whole thing.  It's just been a whole flop!  I'm still trying to eat healthy and exercise but am still very discouraged but need to make the next move.  Like you almost at pre-surgery (lapband) weight, good luck  brandyII
      Revised from Lap band 8/22/07 to RNY 6/11/09   Starting weight 259lbs

fortworthgal
on 7/1/08 5:29 am - Fort Worth , TX
I am 4 years post op lap band and am getting a revision to RNY. I would have done it sooner if I knew I could. I think after a year if you have no success, start looking into a revision.

I went from lap band to RNY on Aug 1 2008.

SW    CW  GW
5'2"     205/133/ ?

Most Active