open or lap?

sweetchef
on 6/17/08 4:55 am - West warwick, RI
Hi again!  I was just poking around looking at the docs profiles and was wondering, I really dont want to have another open surgery.  Can a revision be done laproscopically(sp?) even if your initial surgery was open? My husband is leary of me having another surgery and I doubt I would win his support if it had to be open. Not to mention the terrible pain and the fact that I have 4 kids to take care of post op.  Thanks again                                                            Linda
ginau
on 6/17/08 5:41 am - mesa, AZ
thats a great conversation to have with your Surgeon of choice. Both Joyce and I had ours done Open - My recovery was not bad ... not at all !!! actualy better than my Lap RNY !! go figure ...  But then again I have a great Dr !!  
darnell239
on 6/17/08 6:08 am - Columbia, SC
I can understand you not wanting to have another open surgery.  My first surgery was done lap and I found a doctor willing to do the revision but he only did revisions open!  My husband was totally against it.   He didn't want me having a big scar down my stomach and also the recovery time were the issues.  I finally found a surgeon experienced with lap revisions and I am going that route.  It is a personal choice but if you can find an experienced revision surgeon who performs lap I would go that route.
sweetchef
on 6/17/08 10:39 pm - West warwick, RI
Thanks for the info! I am waiting on a call back from a Dr. Aranow in CT. His staff is checking to see if  he would accept me as a revision candidate before he schedules an appt.  I would of loved to see Dr. S in Arizona but i'm a little too far away.  Thanks all!
Most Active