WOOO HOOO!

cmr3399
on 6/17/08 5:45 am - Bayville, NJ
Ok......I'n my last crying rampage of a post I was hysterical because my Blood count was too low and my surgeons office staff was a to say the least a lil rude....welllllll drum roll please....a transfusion later my hemaglobin count is 12.3 and climbing and I am one happy lady!!!!!!!! My Rose Procedure is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Next Tuesday is my date ....soooo....come to think about it, this time next week I'll be on my way to loser land again...lol....... Any updates from you Monmouth Rose Ladies and Gents out there?  XOXOXO Christine
ginau
on 6/17/08 5:57 am - mesa, AZ

HIP HIP HOOORAY !!!!  so glad to hear things are turning around for you !!!

darnell239
on 6/17/08 6:13 am - Columbia, SC
Congratulations!  After the procedure please keep everyone informed on how it goes.  I am interested in the long term effects of this procedure.
mlpandbaby
on 6/18/08 2:53 am
Christine, Congrats on getting a date.  Good luck to you.  I am doing fine, almost a month out, I have to go back next week, I will be there Wed. for my check up.  I am excited, The scale here at home  said i lost 18lbs.  Well see next week.  I am slowly introducing food back into my diet.  Alot of mushy and pureed stuff still.  Doing well.  Patsy how are you?? Michelle
patsy13215
on 6/18/08 11:45 am - syracuse, NY
hi guys;all is well..Christine,i am glad things are coming together..Michelle,My appointment is also next wednesday at 1030..I hope you are there. Things are going well.I am doing soft things and some regular food.I feel restriction,but certainly have to pay much more attention to rules of the pouch than i did when i previously had the rny..Hope to see you next week and christine,please let us know how it goes...patsy
mlpandbaby
on 6/19/08 6:48 am
Patsy my appt is at ten.  So i will see you.  I know about the pouch rules, It definatly is a diffrence between tthe first time and now.   I am much more aware of what Im feeding myself.  Better choices, and the protien shakes help with the moments I want something to eat.  I did find that I was drinking crystal light, and the second week, I could tell drinking it made me crave sweet,food,something,  it wasn't quenching my thirst.  So i cut out the crystal light and the nutrasweet/splenda.  I use slight sugar in my coffee and drinking water or watered down applejuice.   My sister had spoke of her doctor and accupunturist said the sweetners are no good for you, and migranes didnt believe her, but now having second thoughts...Sorry to ramble.  Keep up the good work!!!  Michelle
patsy13215
on 6/19/08 12:48 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Michelle; I Totally understand..I do find that when I cut back on some of the sweeteners,that I have less cravings..Today was a tough day with cravings,but i made it through..It is not easy,but it has gotten me to go back to basics and plan ahead a bit better..It will be nice to see you on wednesday... Patsy
BARBY M.
on 6/23/08 3:14 am - BRICK, NJ
I am so sorry that you may of had a bad experience with the staff. Dr. Borao's staff has been nothing but professional and sincere to me. I was due to have my ROSE procedure tomorrow too. I cancelled. I am 7 years post op and know that having the gastric bypassis just a tool for weight loss and not a solution. At first I wanted to jump on the band wagon but after a long talk with my primary doctor I have come to the relaization that we are overwieght because of our behavior. I have spoken to some who has the ROSE and of course they lost the initila weight since they were on liquids for the three weeks. Anyone would. I relaize that unless I change my habits I will keep regaining and only having surgery is just a quick fix. Dr. Borao's nutitionist was able to spend time with me and go over the original gastric nypass rules which I got away from after all of these years. If we can find the root to our eating issues we could then discover the answer to true weight loss. Good luck tomorrow, I would of been his 2nd surgery but it just isn't the answer for me. I'm sure you will do wonderful. As far as the staff, maybe they were just having a bad day with their several dozen phone calls they receive a day. They are all sweethearts in that office, especially Donna. GOOD LUCK!! 
patsy13215
on 6/23/08 11:27 pm - syracuse, NY
GOOD LUCK TO YOU BARBY ON YOUR JOURNEY. PATSY
patsy13215
on 6/24/08 1:10 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Christine'- how did it go...Hope you are feeling well!!  I bet you did great. Aren't Dr. Borao and Dr. Gorcey wonderful!!!!????Keep us posted...patsy
Most Active