Now what?

tulagirl
on 6/17/08 12:06 am - Schenectady, NY
I had an upper GI last week as recommended by my primary physician.  The radiologist told me that day that everything went right through very quickly.  It was even hard for them to get the pictures.  He said that I should see a surgeon about it.   I should back up a bit.  I had RNY in 2002 went from 350 to 213 and I am now back up to 290.  I haven't seen a surgeon for follow up since March 2003 due to the fact that I moved to New York from Nebraska and I could not get a surgeon here to see me because they didn't do the original surgery.   I went to my family dr because I am having pain in my left side after I eat, not feeling full pain, but cramping pain.  She sent me for upper GI and then the radiologist told me everything was going straight through and that I should see a surgeon.   My dr.'s office called me today and said that everything was fine with the test and not to worry about it.  My dr. will be the first to admit she doesn't know much about gastric bypass.   I have found a surgeon that is 2 hours away that my insurance covers both him and the hospital he does revisions at.  None of the surgeons in my area do revisions.   Should I go ahead and call and make an appointment with that surgeon.  I am going to get a copy of my report from the hospital.   Any other suggestions. 
tulagirl
on 6/17/08 7:41 am - Schenectady, NY
When I called back to my dr's office and asked them  for the wording of the test result they said it read that the barium travelled through the gastric pouch and astimosis "without appreciable delay"  The nurse I spoke to really couldn't even read the words without mis pronouncing them so I don't feel real confident with it.   Anyone else have an opinion on what my next step should be. 
ALABAMA
on 6/17/08 8:57 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

make the appointment. a surgical  consultation is what you should request.

Most Active