Revision Success - TEENS!!!

JRinAZ
on 6/16/08 7:45 pm - Layton, UT
....just my report for those who have asked..... Original Open Proximal Rny - 2/11/03 - 278 pounds Lowest wt - 135 Regained to 172 Revision Open Extended Rny - 12/26/07 BELOW GOAL!!!! 118 I lost 30 pounds in 5 weeks and have lost an additional 20 plus which puts me into the TEENS!!!!  I was 118 this morning!  ....Here's me saying "NO WAY"!  .......but, here's the scale saying "118"!!!! ******************************Current issues with my ERny include loosey goosey potty, keeping my odor in check (there are many products that work magic), and being diligent with vitamins.  .....Good stuff:  My only restriction with eating is the odor thing....I can eat whatever I'd like to; whenever I'd like to but I stay away from garlic, onion, strong spices, etc for the obvious reasons.  ....  Other good stuff:  well, y'know all those vanity things one wishes for in life:  any style of clothing, any pattern or stripe, lots of positive attention.  ......  I hesitate to ever mention the "shallow" part of losing weight since health is the ultimate goal for all of us BUT......the reality is that looking good equals feeling good about yourself and it is definitely a PERK to a great Revision! ..............Good luck to all of you new Revisions and to all those on deck!  Keep us posted!  Y'all inspire me!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

darnell239
on 6/16/08 9:12 pm - Columbia, SC
Way to go Joyce!  What are some of the products you use for odor problems.  I've heard of Devrom but can it bought over the counter such as Wal-Mart or the drug store?
JRinAZ
on 6/17/08 1:44 am - Layton, UT
Darnell, Devrom isn't sold over the counter.  I Googled "best price for Devrom" and found a few sites to order it from.  I don't bother with it any longer since the real deal killer of my odor turned out to be a type of antibiotic prescribed by Doc S called Flagyl.  Miracle pills!!!!  Takes away the odor, the gas pains, etc.  Loose stools still happen but actually, it's less of a problem than my pre-revision constipaton!!!......My rules for controling odor:  Flush as you go (especially in public restrooms....as many times as it takes   Put a drop of pinesol in clean toile****er when your'e done and spray with the hospital deodorizers.  As for breath...a drop of chloraphyl and flossing/brushing throughout the day should do the trick. .......  Sooooooooooo, you are almost on deck for your revision, right?
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

darnell239
on 6/17/08 4:16 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks for the advice Joyce.  Yes, my revision is scheduled for July 10th in NC.  The surgeon I am using is familiar with the mini gastric bypass procedure I had 8 1/2 years ago and is experienced with revisions.  He is only a 2 hour drive for me which is a plus.  When you were taking the devrom did you notice if it helped any?  I know it is not the same as taking an antibiotic but was it of some use? 
keal19
on 6/17/08 5:31 am - Clarion, PA
Revision on 08/12/13
Congratulations!  Really sounds as though your revision has brought you wonderful success!  Good for you, must be a fantastic feeling, and something you've worked hard for!  :) Michelle
Most Active